Extended Facebook Online Subsystem

We shipped Satellite Command with this, works a treat :slight_smile:

Using this plugin in my project. It is very easy to use, and support works great and fast(all of my questions were answered in less than 24 hrs!)
If you need FB features for your project on IOS and/or Android I would totally recommend using this!

Thanks for your work gameDNA!)

Sure, Facebook API allows querying info about friends and plugin supports this feature. But remember you should first ask user for appropriate permissions. Unfortunately this plugin doesnā€™t provide feature for communicating between users in real-time. The only way is publishing posts on timeline.

Thank you! :smiley: Good luck with your awesome game :slight_smile:

Thank you for appreciate! :wink:

Wow! This is pure awesomeness!

I wrote my own implementation of Facebook on Android, but canā€™t publish it becauseā€¦ NDA and stuffā€¦

Can you reveal a secret? How did you put this into a plugin when Android requires (as far as I know) changes inside the GameActivity, so in the Engine java code? I stucked on version 4.10, is there some mechanism in new version that gives you a chance to modify java code from the level of plugin?

And how about manifest and plist? To modify then I had to change UnrealBuildTool source code. Is there something for this too?

UnrealPluginLanguage (formerly AndroidPluginLanguage) allows plugins to modify GameActivity.java, copy resource files, and modify the AndroidManifest.xml. It was added in 4.10. You can look at the GearVR plugin for an example of how to register the XML file in the build.cs and the actual GearVR_APL.xml file.

Why is this plugin:
$153.43 on the marketplace
$89.99 on selfy

Thatā€™s a huge difference, is there any reason for this big of a price difference?

UE4 Marketplace price = Sellfy price + 30% for Epic + european sales tax

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/ExtendedFacebook/Update2.png

Extended Facebook 1.1.0 for UE 4.13 final release!

Iā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.13
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

If you havenā€™t owned it yet, you can buy now on Sellfy or UE4 Marketplace.

**If you find any bug, feel free to report it :slight_smile:

I am currently using 4.12 and I can not put update 1.1.0 into it. It keeps generating compiling errors.

Hi zshj0914,

1.1.0 requires UE 4.13

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/ExtendedFacebook/Update3.png

Extended Facebook 1.1.1 released!

Iā€™ve just released update 1.1.1 for Extended Facebook Online Subsystem Plugin.
You can download it from GitHub repository on releases tab or your Sellfy dashboard (for Sellfy customers). Update also was submitted for UE4 Marketplace but it needs to wait for approval.

CHANGELOG:
ā˜… Facebook SDK updated to 4.16.0
ā˜… Update to new AAR system

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/ExtendedFacebook/Update4.png

Extended Facebook 1.1.2 released!

Iā€™ve just released update 1.1.2 for Extended Facebook Online Subsystem Plugin.

CHANGELOG:
ā˜… Facebook SDK updated to 4.16.1
ā˜… Bugfixes
ā˜… Stability improvements

Extended Facebook 1.1.3 released!

Iā€™ve just released update 1.1.3 for Extended Facebook Online Subsystem Plugin.

CHANGELOG:
ā˜… Facebook SDK updated to 4.17

Hi, my company has a few tablets on display for client use. I would like the temporary user to be able to sign in and post a screen capture to their timeline then automatically sign out. Please let me know if you have functionality for these items.

What do you mean saying ā€œtemporaryā€?

As in, the tablets stay in the office but are used by clients as they come and go. There maybe many users throughout the day. So I want the clients to be able to share on their personal Facebook but their details will not be stored on the app permanently. Thanks for the reply.

http://gamednastudio.com/plugins/images/ExtendedFacebook/Update5.png

Extended Facebook 1.2.0 for UE 4.14 final release!

Iā€™ve just released plugin binaries for Unreal Engine 4.14

Yes, itā€™s possible. You need to make ā€œLoginā€ and ā€œLogoutā€ buttons and optionally auto-logout for example after 5 minutes :slight_smile:

CYBER MONDAY SALE: 25% OFF

Buy Extended Facebook Online Subsystem on Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/extended-facebook-online-subsystem

Extended Facebook 1.2.1 released!

Iā€™ve just released update 1.2.1 for Extended Facebook Online Subsystem Plugin.

CHANGELOG:
ā˜… Fixed not calling complete delegate on Facebook Logout