ExORION Survivor: Sci-Fi Hyper-Cinematic Shooter (XPS)

Hi @PresumptivePanda. I sincerely appreciate your comments and interest. I’ve decided that for every comment to this specific thread, ill create and post a video to compliment my response :slight_smile:

I feel extremely motivated with recent developments as the project has been consolidated with my other projects. Multiple Subprojects, One Project Repository. Thus, progress for one is progress for all, and progress is required for me to maintain my motivation.

ExORION Survivor UE5 is a interactive representation of this strategy, directly utilizing developments in DEITY Superheroes: KRYPTON, TGDS Assets, and UE Marketplace Assets.

This "game" has been in development for over 5 years! It started as a 8-member team project, dissolved into a solo project. Because, I refuse to give up!

Back when there were 8, we were all new to Unreal and most of the team new to game dev in general. We tried to do everything from scratch with novice skill level. Our results did not match our vision. In short, our game dev goals at the time were overly ambitious.

I suggested acquiring and using Marketplace Assets of higher quality, but, could not get buy in from the team. Progress was super slow, and surely, Team members left one-by-one, until I was the only one left.

I considered terminating the project, but, I want to develop a game with Super Soldiers and Giant Monsters. So i went back to the drawing board with game design and development approach. I elected to continue Development by developing procedural subsystems and acquiring Marketplace assets.

I was still learning the in-outs of unrealengine and took on smaller projects. I continued to work on ExORION off/on in the midst of working other projects. I found myself integrating what I learned and subprojects directly into ExORION.

I still fantasize ExORION as a Team Project and missed the group meetings, ping-ponging code between other programmers in source control, Chats on Design and Story, etc. But I’m aware Rev-share Projects are tough to recruit for and no one is familiar with a hyper-cinematic game design.

5 Likes