Error switcing engine versions 4.7 -> 4.8

Hi again. I have now had time to do some more tests. After removing the server target file, the process for creating a dedicated server can not be replaced even after the project is converted to 4.8 or 4.8.1 or an error will occure. To elimiate the possibility of my project being the cause, I created a brand new blueprint project, added an empty C++ class to create source files for the project, refreshed the project code files from the editor with no error, but after adding a server target file the very same error will happen.

I am using this template for the server target as instructed in the documentation:

It seems that creating dedicated servers are broken in 4.8. This most recent test was done with the latest 4.8.1 github release.

Error from 4.8.1 with the fresh BP FPS project template, when attempting to refresh code project files from editor after adding server target:

Running C:/UE4/UnrealEngine-4.8.1-release/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe  -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/Fox/Documents/Unreal Projects/testgame/testgame.uproject" -game -engine -progress
Discovering modules, targets and source code for game...
Errors detected while compiling C:\Users\Fox\Documents\Unreal Projects\testgame\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\testgameProjectFileGeneratorModuleRules.dll:
c:\Users\Fox\Documents\Unreal Projects\testgame\Source\testgameServer.Target.cs(8,12) : error CS1520: Method must have a return type
UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: UnrealBuildTool encountered an error while compiling source files

and same error when trying to build in VS