error : Failed to read environment variables from XML file: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpD00B

Hi There,

I asked about this on the answerhub, but no answer…

Since I’ve updated to 4.8.3 I can’t compile anymore, it’s giving me this message:

1>------ Build started: Project: projectname, Configuration: DebugGame_Editor x64 ------
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
1> Compiling game modules for hot reload
1>EXEC : error : Failed to read environment variables from XML file: C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp mpD00B.tmp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ““D:\Epic Games\4.8\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” projectnameEditor Win64 DebugGame “D:\projectname runk\projectname.uproject” -rocket” exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

I’ve searched for this problem, and some people find errors in the .bat file, but this is not the case. There are no weird things in my environment variables, and if I run the bat file manually the .tmp file will be created with valid XML. The tmp file is initially 0 bytes when I don’t run the bat file manually, so it seems to have problems running it…

The only thing that seems to do something without this error is ‘Rebuild project’ in Visual Studio.

I have no idea how to find out what goes wrong. Does anyone have an idea of things I could try? If you need more information, please say so and I’ll post it!

Thank you very much!