Epic's plans for tvOS?

I’ve been reading through the 4.10 and master tree but I couldn’t find any reference to tvOS support as well.
I wouldn’t mind to help with that task. I’ve already added support for tvOS to SDL and it would be awesome to be able to contribute to UE as well.

Really good to hear. If this branch were accessible you might find there were others willing to help.

Lucky you. I guess they had a restriction on the amount of dev kits.

Yeah I would want to help also !

Retail devices are out and on shelves. Several of us here are ready to help get tvOS support into UE4. Any updates?

I also do not see tvOS support on the UE4 Trello Roadmap board, so I am guessing it is not even being talked about widely at the moment.

Some update? or a branch we can use to move this along?

I just got a new 4K Tv (Samsung) and was surprised by the huge number of Unity games already there that can run from the Tv itself.
Tv has a Android game console built-in… Then I saw there a ‘Unity Launcher’ app for Unity developers to plug and test their games.
These Tv will be majority, once parents realise these can play games without buying consoles for their kids and most games are free.

Who do we have to kill to have an “UE4 Launcher” too?

Just watched some of the talks from the Mobile Game Dev event that UE4 did with Github. On one of the slides they listed tvOS as being planned for 4.11.

What’s happened to this feature ? maybe we have it in 4.11 ?

Many of you will have noticed: The roadmap now lists “initial AppleTV support” as DONE for 4.11 :slight_smile:

Hi All,
I’m trying to test on Apple TV, it did not work (UE4 4.11. prew 1-8). I have all set up. (Apple cert/profiles/DeviceID TV/AppID/ for TV in Dev Member central , In UE 4 Editor/iOS setup all is Green, cert/profiles/bundle name, Apple TV as target platform)

When cooking from editor,

1. Mobile Device ‘TV’ connected - OK
  2. Transferring IPA to device ‘TV’ - OK
  3. Installing IPA on device ‘TV’ - after 30% stope and at end shows “PackagingResults:Error: Error Deployment failed! Unknown Error”

I can not add TV device in Editor,Device Manager.

where could I make a mistake?

Thanks

Win 8.1, PC, Apple TV 2015, UE4 4.11. p 1-8

dont you have deploy from a mac for apple devices?

I am doing a test from PC, UE4 Editor Deploy via USB directly to Apple TV.

again you cannot deploy from PC to and Apple device.

I have deployed to Apple TV from mac using source build of 4.11. Works great. I don’t think rocket supports it yet.

BTW - you can also launch directly to ios device from windows for blueprint only projects.

I launch to iphone/ipad all the time - just use IPP to setup the proper provisioning profile and signing credentials. (You may also have to setup the new Apple WWDR Cert which expired in Feb - I had to do this to avoid Keyset error)

thank you for confirmation.

It is the “Preview” rule or Apple rule?

Just to avoid confusion - you can deploy from pc to ios device* for blueprint-only*