Engine Features Preview 4/02/2015

[= ;263941]
Hi

This folder is meant to be a repository for developers using source control to place their created assets. You can turn this off by unchecking the “Show Developer Folder” in the Content Browser Options menu.
[/]

OK. Thanks . Just wondering what the directory is supposed to be used for.

Amazing improvements as always! V-HACD looks really great!

Wow! I like the new result from the auto convex collision. It seems like is going to save lot of time from trying to make and fix collision manually. Can’t wait to try it!

Thumbs up for V-HACD!

Just a preview request if I may be so bold…

How does V-HACD work for meshes that have openings, such as doors / windows / crawlspaces? Would it be possible for a screenshot of that type of mesh with V-HACD applied? I ask this because if it works well enough, then I won’t need to spend the time creating my own collision meshes and I can just wait for implementation.

Regards,

[=;265826]
Just a preview request if I may be so bold…

How does V-HACD work for meshes that have openings, such as doors / windows / crawlspaces? Would it be possible for a screenshot of that type of mesh with V-HACD applied? I ask this because if it works well enough, then I won’t need to spend the time creating my own collision meshes and I can just wait for implementation.

Regards,

[/]

You can already opt to have the mesh use complex collision as basic, so it uses the entire mesh as its collision mesh without needing to go into /maya/blender.

If the link examples are indicative of what will be in the next release, then they should work fairly well. I would still like an ability to edit the vertex points of the collision mesh. Not sure how that would impact performance (if any) though.