Engine Features Preview 3/30/2015

Happy to help :slight_smile:

Perhaps you could also mention this in the Source post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show…l=1#post168626 I mentioned above?

Also when will we the public be gaining access to Epic’s “tracking software” aka JIRA either as read-only access or read/write with limited permissions as a means to eventually replace your AnswerHub with? wink wink nudge nudge poke poke :wink:

I assume this is planned as I’ve seen more recent release notes including what I assume are JIRA issue IDs i.e. UE- mentioned before an issue/bug/fix listing and while I have gotten some half-answers on the subject in the past from Epic Staff it would be good if we the public could get a better ETA on when we might expect UE4’s internal JIRA to roll out publicly?

thank u very much
u making our flow work much easier

Are those new graph functions available for the Material Editor as well?

Everything but reroute nodes work in all graph-based editors. The reroute nodes are still limited to the Blueprint editor.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

The only shortcut is for double-clicking on the spline to create a reroute node. Making one without any connections isn’t that common/desirable IMO (I’d almost be tempted to remove the context menu entry now that we have spline clicking). The double click inserts it but the end of a mouse double-click is an up action, so it is not being dragged.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

In Epic you use giant mouse cursors :open_mouth:

That’s a feature of Expression Encoder which I used to capture the video, presumably to make it easier to follow along with what someone is doing (it isn’t that big when I record the video).

Cheers,
Michael Noland

Great Suggestions Ben! :slight_smile:

I sometimes find myself missing the pin so the lazy connect could take care of that maybe by looking for the closest appropriate pin. The link active to selected and the detach outputs would be awesome to also have in Blueprints! I can’t wait to see where BPs go next… :smiley: