-emulatestereo command not working

thanks alot :]

Not sure if you got this last bit, add “-emulatestereo” after the path/filename to the file or shortcut. Without that command line, the game uses fov settings per your blueprints and such, regular 3D output. With it, you’re SBS.

You’re most welcome.

seems that the source code of 4.15 was changed … so , what about 4.15?

This is my problem too… I don’t know anything about code :frowning:

Hi, please visit the “iLocalPlayer” UE4 C++ Plugin on UE4 Marketplace: iLocalPlayer4UE4 in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

Functions of this plugin: 1. Side-by-Side Stereo 3D implementing; 2. Asymmetric projection(or named asymmetric view frustum) implementing.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks all, for Unreal Engine 4.16.3 these are some nice settings for Trinus PlaystationVR below. Appears to be compatible with Instanced Stereo too(?).

Main issues to consider are EyeOffset (it was reversed as mentioned above, needs to be a negative value, a larger negative will give more separation). InWidth and InHeight are something to get a reasonable aspect ratio, while not undersampling or oversampling too much when using TrinusVR output from to PlaystationVR. Finally HalfFov is a tricky one, since there’s probably a better way to “warp” with PSVR, etc. But the 1.25f/ 3.5f pulls back the camera enough so it’s not too “tight” with default scenes. In other situations eg. Side Scroller I find leaving this FOV but pulling the camera (Z) axis etc away from the scene helps with motion sickness, etc. Cheers.

This plugin “iLocalPlayer4UE4” (iLocalPlayer4UE4 in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace) will help you get the correct Side-by-Side Stereo-3D effect.
We submitted a new Pull-Request into “EpicGames/UnrealEngine:master” to fix the issue(When capturing a movie in the sequencer, Side-by-Side Stereo-3D effect is not correct). The Pull-Request Link: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/4370

Hi guys,
i know i’m very lete on the topic, but i can’t figure out where do i need to use this flag.

I’m on windows and i’ve created a shorcut with the “-emulatestereo” flag for the EpicGamesLaungher.exe and UnrealEngineLauncher.exe executables, but both the times i got my project started normally as i could see.

Am i missing something? What should i exactly see if the flag would work correctly?

Thanks everybody for any clues

Hi fudo, please see image below:

I hope it helps.

Luigi

you have to create a shortcut to your packaged game’s executable

Hi @, thanks for the answer

happy to help