Download

Empowering Users Early & Often.

The below email should be rescinded. I am now officially a subscriber. The restrictions for Asian countries to purchase Unreal Engine has been lifted. Hooray! You got yourself another happily empowered user.

Here’s what I like to see:
More tutorials concerning Blueprint.
A way to search my way through a huge pile of Blueprints for a specific portion I am interested in.
More tutorial air time for C++ classes, esp. Replication.
More example blueprint/code. (Can’t have enough of these)

=================
Been tweaking UDK Unrealscript for the past few months earlier this year. But when it comes to UE4 however, I can only sit back and watch the tutorials on the Youtube channel.

Why? Well, if you could only open the floodgates for those waiting to subscribe to the Unreal Engine over in Asia. Get the hint? Otherwise, you could say I am not able to enjoy the pleasure of having to dive through UE4 C++ code.

I am obviously disappointed, but I am really hoping there’s going be light at the end of this tunnel some time this week.

Firstly thanks for the source and the daily care you guys are dedicated to offer.

Good:
1 - The graphic quality in relation to textures, meshes, and other design features are wonderful. (the promise fulfilled).
2 - Interaction, ease of understanding is remarkable and enjoyable from the first moment.

Bad:
1 - The BP does not seem to understand fully comprehensive;
2 - Not all have or have demonstrates skills in the programming language C++ (should have more alternatives at this point);

Suggestion:
As the project of yours is too grand international level. Should provide more assistance to other languages​​, especially in the area of learning, eg in the documentation so that it becomes more literary and there is no barrier to creativity and learning.

First of all I would like to say I love ue4 and think the business model is great. You guys are doing a great job.

Second the above comment I quoted is right on the money. It would be nice to have the basic structures of popular game types, but have an easy pipeline to import your own meshes and just change variables to make things work like you want. For example an fps, it would be nice just to have an import gun feature, then of course you would have to move it properly for hand placement, but a more streamlined version of how it works now, including bullet management, and particle effects. There’s far too many steps to make this currently. I would look at how some of the plugins in Unity streamline this as an example of how easy it really can be. Then allow for more advanced adjustments when needed for animations etc. An easier pipeline for network management(server browser etc) would be a godsend.

Also I haven’t tackled animations yet but I hear quite a few complaints about how hard it is to work with them currently.

Why I LOVE this engine?

• Freedom. I really like to create my Own Materials, Code, BluePrints and new stuff. EASY.
  • Deploy. In one single machine Im deploying/testing in: Windows, OSX, iOS and Android. EASY.
  • Better Visuals with good performance. Nothing looks/run better than a very well tweaked light setup. NOT EASY.
  • Zak Parrish. This guy its the better of 2 worlds. Its a nerd, with good logic/math/physics… and is a showman with excellent pronunciation, holding their attention and makes you understand everything.

I suggest to

• WE NEED GI. (yes I know about LPV, but stills WIP, and will be that way for a long, long time). Imagine the power of BP + (C++) + Materials + Visuals + AWSOME Editor + Realy Dynamic Light? Who would use something else Engine?
  • Zak Parrish. Please, I realy like your vídeos, (and I thank the others who make others), but In my opinion ALL documentation of UE4 need to be cover by your video tutorials.

Hi Epic Guys!

I was really surprised when I first heard about the ability to get access to the full source code of your great engine. To be honest, I’ve been hunting the source code of each version of your engine for a long time (I’ve got all versions which leaked in public) and have been examining them. And possibility to get access to the 4th one was real surprise and great present for me. I’m glad to be a part of its community. Thanks a lot!
I’ve developed a couple of my own 2D engines and one of the latest ones I’m using in my small game developing company (not UE :slight_smile: for creating causal game for HOPA (Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure).
I’ve been working for a few months on the creating F2P Puzzle game and also have a plan to create an amazing game with your engine.

Good:

• It’s great to have ability to examine the source code of your engine. Even it consists of tons of source files. 8))))))))
  • It’s great to be a part of UE community, even I’m not active within in enough.
  • I have more that 10 years of C++ programming experience but UE4 Blueprints are awesome especially when you know how it’s difficult to gather a good programming team. Blueprints will allow to make this process easier and even game-designers can do some small adjustments in the game logic.
  • I’m going to try to compile UE with emscripten as I was amazed when I first saw your Web version of Epic on my IPad and Android tablet. It’s great to have opportunity to be in Web area.

Bad:

• Nothing IMHO. Because the limit is our imagination and time that we can spend on creating an amazing things.

Thank you a lot, friends!!!
Your team are the best!:slight_smile:

I have found the video tutorials being produced extremely helpful (much thanks to Zak Parrish’s very clear explanations!). Not just because they cover how to do specific things that I might want to do, but more because they also very well showcase the sort of things that are possible with UE4 that I wouldn’t have considered. As a showcase, I find this more useful than even some of the (admittedly extremely pretty) tech demos and examples, as in the former I don’t know where to start. However, with these video tutorials, they shows me how these things can be broken down into steps- and this sparks my own creativity far more as I start to think how I would do things differently for my own projects. Also, more than a regular SDK would, these give crucial insight into good practices, which would otherwise be unavailable to individuals or small teams working with unreal for the first time.

As a programmer, I also like how blueprint is used to expand and implement C++ code, as opposed to having been presented as a pure replacement thereof. I’m particularly happy that the engine seems to have nice freedom over where exactly the cut-off between C++ code and BP code should lie in a particular project; as this gives me hope that I will be able to rapidly and efficiently some of the the core concepts of the game, whilst exposing features for the artists and designers to play with quickly in BP at a later stage. As suggested above and although it would possibly be too complex; certainly, I would expect the other-way round to work), a ‘compile to C++’ option for BP would be very nice feature for my own personal workflow, and for other people who might want to start by making a prototype in BP, and then hard-coding it later on.

Tutorials about behavior tree AI

Overall my experience working in the editor has been good but there are a number of usability annoyances I hope Epic will improve on at some point:

-Most apps that have a WASD fly mode include a modifier key to speed up the movement when pressed down, but UE4 doesn’t seem to. The shift key is commonly used, like in Unity for example. This is very helpful when moving around a big area.

-Many apps have a universal manipulator tool which combines the functions of the translate, rotate and scale tools into a single tool. This makes positioning objects much faster and easier than having to switch, switch, switch between three tools continuously. It would be great if UE4 had one.

-When you use “Set as Default” in the Editor Preferences you would think it would save your preferences permanently, but it only saves them for the current project. When you start a new project everything is set back to default and you have to reload your preferences. This is not the way I think most people would want or expect it to work.

-It would be highly desirable if we could customize the mouse button functions in the key config. The inconsistent way panning works in different parts of the editor is particularly frustrating and would be nice to be possible to fix.

-Some sort of user customizable pop-up pie menu or “Hotbox” style menu would be a nice thing.

-A zoom extents function would be handy. This is a hotkey many apps have which zooms out to see the full contents of the viewport.

-In orthographic views you can zoom to cursor, which is great, but it doesn’t work in perspective view. Could it be made to work in perspective also?

-In the views pulldown you can only select between three of the six standard orthographic views (top, bottom, front, back, left and right). While it might be possible to manage with just three, couldn’t you let us use all six? (On a nitpicky note “orthographic” is spelled wrong in the same menu.)

-Unity has several nice interaction features for which Unreal Editor seems to have no equivalent:

Lock View To Selected
Move To View
Align With View
Align View To Selected

You might think Snap View To Actor in UE4 is the same as Align View To Selected but they don’t work quite the same way. In UE4 it snaps you to the center of the object so you then have to immediately zoom back out each time to see it. It also does not recenter your view on the object snapped to like Unity does. The way Align View To Selected works in Unity is more desirable.

I believe that paying attention to these types of usability details makes a worthwhile improvement in the overall efficiency and feel of working in an app.

If there are solutions for any of these issues already available which I have missed please inform me.

I read somewhere in the forum that there were Unreal employee(s) working on the Blender/indie workflow so I would love to see some official videos from them. All of the official videos so far, I believe, are using Maya and ART. I have some things working (at least superficially), but any coverage of the known pitfalls/idiosyncrasies while using Blender with UE4 would be fantastic.

You can use mouse wheel up or down while WASD flying to adjust the camera fly speed.

It’s not a single key, but Ctrl+A, followed by pressing F works well (select all, zoom to selection).

Thanks for the heads up; I’m kind of amazed that no-one has ever reported that before. Fixed in CL# 2124151.

I haven’t really used Unity myself, so I’m not sure if it hits the same notes, but there is a “Lock View to Actor” feature in UE4 in the Options menu of the viewport (the down arrow button in the corner). It always lets you lock to any cameras or lights in the level whether or not they are selected, but it also lets you pick from actors in the selection set.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

That’s a good feature for setting the base speed of movement, but not really a substitute for being able to just tap the shift key and getting an instant burst of speed, and then returning instantly to default on release. Thanks for the tips though.

Improve C++ docs (sample + example usage to start)

Well, please don’t get me wrong, I don’t wanna be a downer, it’s your engine… :rolleyes:

By what I’ve seen most efforts to UE4 are being invested on the Blueprints and since the philosophy is being “explained” on this blog post, looks like C++ will get each time less attention or will just get some spotlight when everyone decide to go beyound BPs. You’ll certainly gather a lot of “early audience” now, but when this people decide to go further they’ll be joining the choir about C++ docs when they notice that could not stall their projects until you from Epic or some codedigger (as Rama) release that lacking pretty specific BP node they’ll need to finish their games.

As a migrating UDK user, I can say that personally I still few a bit leery on rely exclusivelly on BPs by simple Kismet trauma (that was a child’s toy if compared to your current BP system), I know that “most simple” games could now be done exclusively on this system because it has all the basics, BUT personally I think that UE4 can help us achieve higher standards - I’m talking about really top notch stuff - if we had more freedom and** knowledge** about how to bend the engine at our will.

Except by some render results (the new rendering system is amazing) my Superhero’s moments as a newbie coder are not what I thought, each small advance achieved after dig the source code (Open Engine source on another VS window… Search… Get one of 1000+ results… Go To Definition… Go to Definition… Got to Definition… Take another result…) make me feel exactly like:

http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/greatest_american_hero.jpg

Do you remember this show? It’s the same story, the guy got power enough to do anything he ever dreamed BUT doesn’t know how to use it simply because don’t have enough instructions, and so need to discover most things by just himself losing a lot of time on “basic to hero” things.

I hope that you’ll keep improving your docs or to invest more time on it soon, but each time I read about this special attention and preference to early adopters, forgive me if I can’t hide a bit of jealousy. LOL

Best Wishes.

I love UE4. You are doing great. I think that every improvement you make is definitely felt by the community. I would love to see a repository of blue print layouts. Instead of having to build a blue print for everything, have an icon that represents the action you want to take, and drag and drop it onto the blueprint area. If I wanted to have Ai do patrols (for instance) I drag AI Patrol to the blue print area, and then attach my NPC nodes. If I want my NPC’s roam _ I drag that to the area as well. Something like that. Thanks

As an Indie developer as part of a fair size team I feel Epic has at least got the first part of the formula right.

In my opinion the hardest part of being Indie is if and when you need the assistance of third party involvement in your project in areas that we can not manage through our own resources.

Starting with the game engine it tops the list and although it has a connectivity to your game design it should be last on the list as to issues of frustration and the catch 22 it seems is if your not big enough then the engine designers tends to ignore your cry for help as being insignificant and have yet to catch on that any game has the potential of becoming the next Angry Birds or at least Tappy Chicken.

A nice shinny new engine is great but it is still no matter how you look at it a fancy wrapper on what is yet to be determined to be the prize that you don’t know what you got until you open it. Does the prize help you, makes your work easier or is it yet another gizmo to put on the shelf?

Not to be nasty but UE4 is just another engine but the good news to me is the clear indications Epic “knows” they need to do it even better still once the shinny begins to wear off and the next generation games are not fancy improvements in the games we play driven by hardware but in the games we can make for ourselves with out the ideals that is has to be something sold.

Just my opinion but the ideal is one day Unreal will be sold at Toys-R-Us as an updated version of the Etchusketch, and just as easy to use, and the ideals of next generation will refer to those who makes things and not to things that simply make it possible.

Since the question being asked is “What do you think?” this is just part of my answer as for the most part I feel that I would just be preaching to the choir as the second half Epic got it right and I just need to wait for the things that I find useful with other things to do in the mean time.

As to anticipating what I think is the next step now that the wrappers are off is based on the premise that Epic has just given the world a new Ipod and are just this side of trying to figure out what to do with it. Everyone is looking at it from all different angles, figuring out how to get their stuff into it, how to get it to work the way they want it to,yet as delivered it can not make music.

This is where, in my opinion, Unreal Engine 4 is standing currently as an artist, animator, and story teller and not as a programer who understands the language of code, as I/We have others who looks after that requirement, and what is needed is the nuts and bolts that makes the car go with out having to reinvent the wheel.

To anticipate the response yes there are “usable” samples available containing all sorts of assets but as to ease of usability lets be honest and say it’s all just showing off what others can do and not what can be done today as ingredients in the cake. I as an artist should not have to tear down the house just to get at the fireplace which is a distraction to creativity and is as about as inspiring as opening a puzzle box only to find someone has already put all of the parts together for you.

The next step is simple. Don’t make it for me but give me the box of crayons, aka materials, and the widgets and gizmo assets that says “This is a wheel” and delivered like I could pick it up at Toys-R-Us and not give up trying to get the wrapper off.

The last bit of useful advice treat game artists like you would a two year old as we never grew up in the first place. :wink:

P.S. Don’t forget to put yourself in the other guys shoes from time to time. I don’t have guys with funky hair styles walking around figuring this stuff out for me. :smiley:

Love and best wishes

Peter Pan.

THE GOOD ASPECTS OF UNREAL ENGINE 4:
The editors with BRDF format, Blueprints, and other tools in the engine with it’s multiplatform support and source code access is great.

You could create software applications in higher level just in blueprints with C++ if you’re a skilled programmer when you put some though into the possibilities.

The perfect licensing model and price set with realistic real world reasonable expectations, with ease of access to flexible tools and expandable tools.

The pricing is affordable and access to already purchased versions via the subscription model is the way to go, it does not hinder core development or the ability to keep developing even if it reaches an AS-IS state.

The ability to participate directly in code and make real changes enables people from across the globe to make this truely the best engine out there longterm by continuing to allow new innovations to be applied to the existing framework and changes to be made resulting in more improved functionality. So in this way you can do more than just keep the engine update yourselves, you can make the engine up to date for everbody and allow everybody to improve the engine where a 1 person or small team would not be able to cover all areas of improvements alone.

By being able to see the good and bad portions, we’re all able to work on and/or provide solutions much faster that works among the larger spectrum of people out there, so alot more can be done much sooner.

The staff works with you and not against you.

Engine updates are coming in regularly.

The process buying the engine is same as buying a game, where as if you want updated content and changes you have the option to continue purchasing just that in any months subscription at any point, and your creativity is not restricted or hindered by complicated licensing terms they change so often and often go against the indie developer.

In a commercial project, it’s setup to where you can build the game first, have time regardless of financial situation, and make money without it becoming a major sticking point or continual required burden. I’ve heard stories when game or art studio’s close or get bought out and things don’t work good for the employee’s or students, I don’t see anybody going homeless over paying $19 one time for the current engine and tools and ability to always have what you already paid for and invested in, vs a company charging annual fee in the thousands a portion what it costs to buy a house or new car every year, telling you and making you think that’s the only way it can be done, only to find it’s not the only tool you need to get the rest done.

Documentation has been drastically improved and quite frankly overhauled compared to the UDK version, it is infact much better and alot clearer you can understand and find information alot better, it’s very readable and doesn’t feel as cryptic.

I’ve compared other engines, including Crytek’s, I was able to do business with Epic Games by getting license setup in exactly how one would expect for a professional business setting to be, they didn’t hold anything against me and did not try and force me to adhere to any NDA’s or specialized you can paint with blue but not green color language, it was simple and straight to the point. When I was doing comparisons on engines, I messaged Crytek early on to see about their licensing and pricing, they never got back with me and I was never able to get into contact with a single staff member at all, if I was under a time limit for a project to be completed or in an educational setting where things have to be done in a specific time frame, that would have been worse. I considered Unity and recommended them early on, I was beta testing games like Battlestar Galactica Online and using their tools as it was the onlything I knew was available of quality and other engines didn’t seem to do what needed to be done, even my own engine development with core graphics from a manual approach would’ve taken longer, this was before I came across UDK information and it didn’t take long at all for me to decide to take a leap of faith and invest in Epic Games tools, it was the best decision.

On the content creation side, it looked as though the industry was leaning toward more control of content or transparency in terms of, well you could use a tool even if you paid for it, but you can’t claim the content you make with the tool as your own even if you made it, it would have to be available to everyone policy, or pay annual fee’s for specific license that would work for one thing, but not everything to complete the bigger picture, only a smaller piece of a larger puzzle. That policy is like going to a supply store, buying a paint brush and some paint, and the paint brush manufacturer telling you could only put the brush manufacturers name on anything you make and must never list your own name on anything associated with what you made, it’s a backwards and restrictive controlling way of thinking that hinders and detours an artist or developers creative expression. Where as an artist would normally put their name in their painting or work of art somehow as their own personal signature to help give credit and identify their effort.

My point being, when Unreal Engine 4 came out it made things even better and removed a large chunk of negative barriers, this makes it better for everybody, so even if things are difficult, perhaps you’re a struggling developer or artist and things aren’t the greatest for you at the moment right now, maybe you’re starting from scratch, the investment in Unreal Engine 4 is not something you would say the cost of the engine alone is what made your education not affordable anymore or put you into a worse situation because of it, even after being successful, it’s setup in a way the burden on the individual, group, or company is low, so you have a better chance at success to grow and make great things with the right tool for the job.

If you need to stick with what you got for now with your particular version you already paid for and need to put that $19 on something else you have that option, and in a few months down the road there’s been several things added you wanna use and you have $19, you have option to do that, you’re not locked into a longterm commitment where they expect an entire year or several payments even if you aren’t even using the product during that period, it doesn’t give the feeling of renting something and they take it back and you’re left with nothing at all but empty air, it doesn’t feel like you rented that movie, forgot to watch it but the watch time already expired. It’s just like buying a game, you’re basically buying the engine that runs a game, and when you pay for current month for it, anything changes in that month you have the latest version as of that month of any changes during that period.

And if you are successful in what you create you won’t take massive losses later on, it’s setup in a way that you would be giving back a small portion comparable to donations to Epic Games and the overall community of developers, so you know where the money’s going and what it’s really for and can feel comfortable knowing that fact of what you are really supporting, it’s good for them and you, not just them, not just you.

This upcoming Marketplace idea is another way as well, I think of that like buying a tank or slots in World of Tanks, but also like a donation or like shopping in a store, so if it’s implemented sometime soon will give another way to support people and company behind the engine, however, if people can make and sell items they create themselves, weather code, game objects and/or content of any type, can also serve as an enhanced development platform where you could buy things from others like a donation or shopping at a store. Say for instance someone made a massive castle with a crazy amount of details you’d love to have in a game or art and would take you forever, that could be a time saver. Or maybe there’s a mod pack for Unreal Tournament for sale that changes most the game or adds a bunch of game modes and levels. Just the thought of that is interesting.

You can use it for arcade machines and amusement park rides!!!

THE DOWNSIDES:
Still doesn’t include a number of desired project templates.

Information on logo usage, trademarks, and media kit?

A specialized core character creation and animation support plugin rely on Maya and are not stand alone or implemented directly into Unreal Engine tools, so there’s an imbalance in that part of the content creation pipeline due to a dependency on a specific third party program that is not immediately affordable. Workarounds have to be implemented and information for achieving the comparable results are harder to find unless sticking to standard methods of doing things which is different and requires a different workflow and way of thinking.

Not all of the the tools are perfected yet and the basic tools do have some desired design considerations with missing functionality or functionality partially added.

The Paint Tool needs improved, it does have bugs and doesn’t feel perfected.

BSP Brushes needs more functionality, such as save/load BSP brush to/from folder in the Content Browser.

A few missing additions to BSP Brushes and Geometry Editing could make the editor have a very powerful modeler, Bezier Line Curves, Chamfer Edges, Rounding/Line Smoothing, Subdivision, Line Drawing, Improved Point Welding and Snapping Objects Together, etc…

Landscape editor needs an editable simple heightmap generator.

Some third party tools haven’t upgraded their tools to fully work with Unreal Engine 4 and still focus on UDK, while their’s nothing wrong with that, support for some of those formats might need to be considered to be re-introduced to bring them up to date with the latest tools available we’re using right now so people using those tools can integrate those easier into the currently available tool set. An example of that is Substance format as their plugin is currently being worked on.

All the Good stuff for me is pretty much as described above. The work going on for UMG (Hopefully) fixes a big shortcoming for me and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Sequencer as Matinee is a bit difficult to understand at first glance.

The bad stuff for me is mostly about navigating the various editors and a lack of consistency.

Most DCC apps use the ATL+LMB/RMB/MMB for Orbit/Zoom/Pan and to be fair it seems to work most of the time but for instance you cannot pan with MMB in orthographic views or the Material editor. The Mouse wheel zoom (on the Mac) is reversed in the Material Instance Editor (posted this bug in Answers). the ‘Top view’ has X going left to right in the viewport instead of ‘up’ the screen which is a standard for Top views in pretty much every other app I have used.

Stuff very much missing is zoom, rotate, pan to be around the pick point on the screen rather than the pivot point of the currently focused object. A thing Unity does is a single MMB click will ‘focus’ on that exact spot in 3D space also very handy for navigating.

More high-level docs on best practices for where logic should go re GameMode/PlayerController/Pawn (how to deal with one Controller sending input events to multiple actors/pawns etc.) I know there is a lot of stuff around on this and in the forums but some nice writing examples of ‘good’ examples of how to do this and the reasons why. etc.

Hello guys, I am totally new to Unreal, today I will make my first month since I am subscribed, so here is my feedback so far:

Pro:

• engine is super (put in purple because I think is Epic)
  • engine/editor are super so far, one of the best I’ve used in years
  • C++ and sources
  • Blueprints/Materials rocks, hands down:)
  • I’ve started to watch Twich live streams since the beginning, you guys are awesome, please never leave the community or never stop listening/asking/helping community. One of the best thing that happen. I can understand that you guys have premium collaborators also, super, but never stop keeping the contact with us also:)

Cons:

• not enough documentation/tutorials . Documentation and examples need more explaining and stuff like “from zero to hero”. I understand that some peoples who are familiar with engine for years or since UDK don’t need to much explaining and have an easy learning curve, but for a new comers can be difficult.

Pros:
-The best engine ever made, for a surprisingly low price.
-Source code is easy to install
-The Material Editor, the Static Mesh Editor and the Skeletal Mesh Editor(s) are super intuitive.
-No more packages! Integrating content between Maya, Gimp and Unreal had never been so fast!
Simple drag and drop to import, which makes (at least for me) everything faster.
-Blueprints are the best gift ever made for noobs in programming like me :wink:
-Making games from scratch is easier. You don’t have to depend on Unreal Tournament’s pre-made code.
-The help in the AnswearHub is incredibly fast, and very very helpful.

Cons:
-C++ documentation is right now isn’t quite enough intuitive and simple for beginners.
It would be super if you could explain more the architecture of the engine, and some video
tutorials on how to make a game from scratch.

PRO’s:

• Incomparable Rendering System
  • Price!
  • BP System for Artists & Game Designers Rocks!!
  • Material Editor
  • Cascade Rendering System is Amazing.

Unreal is really impressive, but still a complex!

Before list the Cons, a little story: I’m trying to get a game from scratch from the first day i installed until today.
First, the documentation is TOOOOOOOO LACK.
i worked every day searching from tutorials to API to documentation to blogs to every single bit of documentation on the internet to answer hub to forums,
and in the first time of my life -> i failed to get simple things. I could not understand where Viewport is controlled,
what kinds of functions are begin called when i load a level, in which order, when the player is spawned,why game session , playercontrollermanager.
Then, from the first time too, the UNIQUE way for understand the complex of architecture of load a new level was begin to read and make LOGS in each function of game mode class.
SLATE? The best way to understand it is from Shooter Game Template -> wtf, a template is better documentation that i have access.

Of Course, now i’m reading direct from source code, i can understand better the engine architecture, still much functions to understand. But this is because i love challenges.
If the Epic are expecting that each user will in-depth source code to understand, lots of users will not do it. Even experienced programmers.
without a “WHY” this function exists or “WHERE” i can override, or “WHAT IS BEST” for override to solver the problem we will still in walls for months -
when the solution is quite simple, we just don’t know where we can override.

I Will never forget that when i was searching on forums, One user, that i forgot the nickname quoted:

“A Feature not documented, doesn’t exists”.

Now, the Cons and How to deal with they:

• Lack C++ documentation
  • Rewrite right now in C++ documentation. Specific about these things:
  • Lack BPNode documentation
  • Write each node. (because actually, they have no documentation)

Cascade Editor -> Node Based!

HUD Class
This need to be like C++ Documentation for (NOW) and do some BP Hybrid Examples while document it.

I love unreal, but these 4 problems is what really cause overhead of search-solution problems.
I think is mainly what i want to the next three months get solved

I believe on Unreal4 and i, of course, will do my best to get pieces of art with it.
but with this 4 points getting better, can i surfer less to get simple thinks working.

Pros:

• Cheap
  • Available on GitHub with full source access
  • Easy to get started with
  • Super powerful Blueprint system
  • Lots of attention from Epic, with huge pushes forward on video + written documentation

Needs Work:

• More documentation/video tutorials (and please ensure consistent audio quality, some of them are very hard to hear)
  • More built in blueprint functions
  • More tooltips on various parts of the UI to explain what the do better