Editor crashing on Launch

Sorry for the late reply, been busy the last few days.

I looked into that dll - it did exist in the same location, but I downloaded the 2010 runtime and re-installed, but I’m still getting a crash - here’s the updated stack trace (I’m unsure if anything has changed or not)

( Had to post it on the original question due to comment length. I’ve just removed all previous stack traces so we’re looking at the most up to date.

EDIT: Also tried a clean wipe of DX (or as best I could) and got the same results.

It’s really hard to debug this for your computer without having it in front of me, but I feel like something specific to your machine could be the issue.

Are you able to reproduce these issues on another computer, or after installing a clean version of windows?

I have a very similar problem and like above I do have the D3DX9_43.dll along with several others. Here is my post for reference:

Unresolved Issue

Beyond What has been stated above, I have tried many scenarios but some of my logs may add additional insight.

Konshu’s problem was different, there was an error reading a generated .ddc file, and deleting the file and letting it be regenerated fixed it, but it doesn’t seem related to this issue.

Yeah, this is really strange - I’m not sure what’s up. I installed it on a second computer and it seems to be running fine. I have an ATI card on the machine I’m having problems with - are there any reported issues with those? I had read some people with nVidia cards have to force the app to use their nVidia card. I was going to try that, but I’m not sure how to do it with the Catalyst Control Panel.

I haven’t heard of any issues with ATI cards. Glad you could get it working on one of your machines, not sure what the issue could be in regards to the other one.

Well, unfortunately - the machine it works on is my work computer, so that doesn’t really help me. My home computer is still borked.

I updated to 4.1.0 and it’s still crashing.

There’s been a number of issues like this in the past that were resolved by re-installing windows. It’s probably going to be difficult to diagnose further without your computer being in a known state like after a fresh install of windows.

Thanks!