Dynamic Sword Animset

Hey, is there a way to get our hands on this animations before they get released on the marketplace? Do you have a website where you sell them maybe?

Also I’d like to see an anim pack in the same style using ranged weapons like rifles, bows and crossbows.

All courses was finished .

It will be released soon.

And we are preparing several packages of similar style.

Please wait a minute.

Wow. Now I just have to figure out how to incorporate those animations in my First Person Hack & Slash. They’re too pretty to hide out-of-view when in first person.

@TechLord: there is a FPS C++ tutorial on the Wiki that shows it. probably there is a Blueprint version somewhere.

Thanks sivan. Player’s are ‘locked’ into First-Person in my game’s design, so I’m seeking ways to show the player character’s cool moves in 2nd person perspective using reflections, shadows, and replay cams.

I wonder if this will ever make it to the marketplace. Would instabuy it, if the price is okay :slight_smile:

Released. Thank you.

Just purchased…please please please include the player pawn from the video. It was a major selling point for me and thought it would be included :frowning:

Thank you for your purchase.
We have created a video using the third person provided by Epic Demo.
Because production sources are unstable to make the video.
Please understand.

Just saw this on the marketplace and thought about buying. However, I noticed that you have the character holding the sword wrong, and have the wrists bent to crazy extreme angles to compensate. Is their any possibility that you might fix this?

For example, here is an “incorrect” sword grip [SHOT]https://myswordprojects.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/sam_2590.jpg?w=360&h=263&crop=1[/SHOT] and a more “correct” one [SHOT]http://ymaa.com/files/articles-20130902-sword-northern-sword-fig-2.jpg[/SHOT]

You have the sword being held at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the hand, but something between 45 and 60 would be more realistic. To compensate you have the wrist bent way more than a human wrist can, which will greatly deform the mesh of any character that isn’t put together with ball joints

If you try to replicate some of the poses in the screenshots yourself, you will see that it isn’t possible.

A quick question: Does it work well with the characters from the Infinity Blade pack?

Thanks!

As you know, it is very hard to modify the weapon’s trace and hand’s grip on the movement in the game.

Thus, it is hardly possible to register key value on the weapon in the kind of this general game.

Furthermore, I think it would be more important to consider the sword’s trace than wrist’s angle.

Thank you!

I don’t know how it is in this animset, but in general I don’t agree with your observation.
it’s probably true only for fighting styles that use very light swords. but holding a historical medieval one-handed sword (~1 kg) at 60º like your picture would make the weight/balance impossible to use (the weight of it would tire your hand in no time) and it would make parrying unnecessarily much more difficult

My main point is some of the poses are simply impossible. Look at the second to last screenshot and try to replicate it. It has the elbow bent down and to the right, the back of the hand facing down and to the left, thumb pointing away from the body and up. Your shoulder and wrist will break, as have the character’s. The problem with sword animations is that the sword is not statically attached to your hand in real life; regardless of sword-type, you can’t hold it at a 90 degree angle to your arm while doing a thrust. The best compromise given that epic’s skeleton does not have bones for held objects, is to tilt the sword to an angle that is a rough average of all the positions it would be in.

I already tested it on the Infinity Blade pack. No problem.

Sample video is ready and going to be uploaded soon.

there we agree :slight_smile:
that’s why I rather have my own skeleton, where I have a bone child to each hand where I can attach things. in my UDK game this helped greatly to reduce unnatural wrist rotations. and in UE4 I will do it the same way.

then again, by looking at the animations you can tell they are not made with realism in mind. perhaps this pack is not for you then (same for me)

So many sword/shield animations :\ When are we going to see other things such as dual-wield swords, daggers, 2H weapons, staff/magic casting animations

This is what I am really wanting also!

Now is the making of a dual-wield swords
Please wait :slight_smile:

Will buy that one as well also hoping the magic casting/staff set will be next.