Downloaded Unreal engine 4.7.6 but taking soooooo long in installing

Great! Ok, i’ve found some steps to go through which work locally for me. What I’d like you to do, is first close the Launcher, then navigate to
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/Launcher/PatchStaging/UE_4.7Live-Mac/Install/

and manually move all of the contents of that directory into
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.7/

That folder should now contain the three folders Engine, FeaturePacks, and Templates, plus the $movedMarker file.

I would now strongly recommend making a copy of that folder with everything in it so you can get it all back if something goes wrong. If not done right, the folder may get emptied.

The following temp folder should now be deleted, it’s important to not exist when opening the Launcher next (it should have no real data in it anyway)
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/Launcher/PatchStaging/UE_4.7Live-Mac

When you run the Launcher now, you should be able to hit resume, and it will go into the Verifying stage, and complete without having to modify any files.

Let me know how you get on. If something doesn’t seem to have worked right, close the Launcher and then grab the logs again :). Sorry this is getting a bit drawn out!

Hello Swifty,

I am experiencing the same problem, after an hour of wait it is only 1% installed. Please find the log files attached with this message.

Thanks.

Hmm, so looking at the latest log, it looks like the Launcher still found files in the PatchStaging directory, and so it once again is trying to copy from there.

Is it possible that you left some in there still when running the Launcher? To get it working my end, I had to make sure to have all the files moved to be inside of the install directory, plus the marker, so you should see these:
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.7/$movedMarker
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.7/Engine/…
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.7/FeaturePacks/…
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/4.7/Templates/…

and then delete the temp folder
/Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/Launcher/PatchStaging/UE_4.7Live-Mac

(again, be sure to have all the files backed up somewhere else in case they are lost)

Alternatively, if you do have all of the files somewhere, you can manually run the editor for now and wait for a fix for this issue before using the Launcher to install 4.7. You’ll find the runnable bundle at
Engine/Binaries/Mac/UE4Editor

Hi Greatminds19325,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please see Swifty’s post above.

Cheers,

TJ