Does anyone know what error code -1073741571 stands for?

Hi, I am making a couple of simple classes in C++ for unreal but when I compile I get the following error:

Error	1	error code: -1073741571 (-1073741571)	C:\Users\\Desktop\OfficeTest\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Error	OfficeTest
Error	2	error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Development\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" OfficeTestEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\\Desktop\OfficeTest\OfficeTest.uproject" -rocket" exited with code -1073741571.	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets	43	5	OfficeTest

With the following output:

1>  Cleaning OfficeTestEditor Binaries...
1>  Parsing headers for OfficeTestEditor
1>Error : Failed to generate code for OfficeTestEditor - error code: -1073741571 (-1073741571)
1>  UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'OfficeTestEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\\Desktop\OfficeTest\Intermediate\Build\Win64\OfficeTestEditor\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(43,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Development\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" OfficeTestEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\\Desktop\OfficeTest\OfficeTest.uproject" -rocket" exited with code -1073741571.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 skipped ==========

Does anyone know what it stands for?

Hello,

In this situation, please check your registry and environment variables for correct Visual Studio installation. For this, please do the following:

1. Make sure that environment variable Path is set correctly (it has a value "C:\Windows\System32").

2. In registry, check whether Visual Studio’s InstallDir property is appropriate (the data should look something like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE)

3. If the issue remains, try repairing/reinstalling Visual Studio. (Please don’t forget to reboot after reparation/installation.)

Hope this helped! Cheers!

I tried those steps and the error persists. When I delete the last class I added then the project compiles.

Could we reopen the subject since the question is not related to the configuration?

My class is inheriting from a pure C++ interface. I think that may be the cause of the problem.

Please note that in UE4, some additional steps need to be taken in order to create an interface in comparison to pure C++.

If you like to learn more about UE 4 Interfaces in C++, please go here:

The interfaces come from from a third party library and I’d rather avoid modifying them if possible. Any suggestions on how should I use them? Is there any recomended way to wrap them?

OMG Someone help me. UE 5.3.1 source build getting failed for me. Same error code. How can I deal with it

I have the same issues

Increase virtual memory. It got solved for me

I have allocated 100 GB per 1 TB Disk drive