Display text permanently?

You do it the exact same way. Created another TextWidget inside your widget. Create a binding, create a Second Text Variable and
set that from outside.

Thanks eXi, I REALLY appreciate your help!

Somewhat related:

Why is the HUD class deprecated and not removed entirely?
What exactly is the HUD class for? Are there examples of how the HUD class looks like(how it appears in the game)?

eXi, I’ve tried to copy and paste these nodes in another level where Id like the same functionality, they compile fine but no longer work, any ideas?

No, how would I without seeing what you did. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow this is weird and incredibly frustrating neither widget works now?

Level A (This was working):

Level B (Copied nodes from above map, still in same project):

Please help mate, I’m tearing my hair out!

Why are you even spawning the Widget so often? You can put both variables into one widget.
And you can set the Variable again, without creating the Widget every time by just setting the TextVariable again.
That’s what the “NewVar” is for, to access the widget again.

By the looks of it, it should work, and walking with your through debugging this is way too much work.

At this point, I kinda need to quit.

It seems like this is still too much for your current skill level and you need to learn proper programming.
I’m literally creating your Blueprints for you and you can’t work with them.

This doesn’t help you at all and I need to spend a lot of time on this, while there are tons of tutorials out there,
explaining this exactly how I do.

If you have a deadline for this, then I don’t really get why you would accept such work if you have 0 idea about it :confused:

I’m sorry, but at least right now, I need to focus on work. I’ll check back somewhat later.

I appreciate your help, I had this working with the print string functionality but if that won’t work on cooking I’d need to use an alternate method and with your help I had it working, but doing a copy and paste has done something strange and killed it.

update: Apparently there were a couple of pins disconnected and I needed a second set of variables set to editable, all working now!