Diablo Style Wall Hiding in Blueprints

I Would also like to see some updated info if you have the time.

A working 4.8 tutorial would be fantastic.

+1, maybe networking?

I’ll have to try this myself later, but can you just toggle visibility of the wall instead of changing the material?

Amazing :smiley:

I know this thread is kind of old, I am trying this in 4.10.2 and having some issues. Namely I can’t get the “DynamicMat” to be used in UpdateVisibility. Can’t connect the variable to the Get Scalar Parameter Value. Error is “material dynamic instance reference is not compatible with material parameter collection reference.”

I have tried using a material parameter collection reference but that causes ALL the meshes that use the material to fade even if they are not overlapped with the box on the camera arm.
Also I can’t download the example as it’s has expired from dropbox. Anyone have some ideas how to continue with this? Would I need to make a Material Parameter Collection for each different wall?

Hello,

Question how do you add Actor Component to a static mesh?

you wouldnt mind posting a tutorial video to youtube for dumb people like me would you? I just started Unreal and i plan on making something along the lines of a hack and slash, and could really use this, thank you

This method is great, thanks for posting it. Really helps towards my final year uni project!
Here’s an example of it working in 4.13 with Infinity Blade assets.

hi,does anyone know how you would do this in version.4.19 or higher? i have tried these and does not seem to work for me and im using 4.19.2

, first search onYT brings me this.

This seems the same solution with a bit of improvement.