Destructible Chunks have Screwed up Rotation

I was still not able to get your project to compile.

Regardless, I’ve finally gotten the issue narrowed down though. It appears to be something that got corrupted with the destructible itself.

Here is a sample of it reproduced in a Blueprints project.

Essentially it looks like your DM was corrupted because I could disable gravity and get the same results with your uasset from the project you gave me that I couldn’t compile. I just put the uasset in this project.

If I refractured the mesh it would not behave that way.

Lastly, if I imported the mesh with the APB you provided nothing is acting strange. This is why I was never able to see the same results as you since I was doing a fresh import.

So the solution here is to try reimporting the mesh or doing a fresh import and replace the “buggy” DM,

Doesn’t reimporting wipe out the settings though? I bet if you enable support chunks under the destructible options, disable world support and select the very center chunk and set it as a support chunk that the problem will be back.

I second the request for scaling at runtime! There are a ton of uses for DM’s that require being scaled at runtime.

From my test it does not. However “reimporting” did not fix the rotations issue either. My suggestion now would be just to import a fresh copy with the name changed and replace all your DMs that have this screwed up rotation with the mesh that is not bugged.

If you have a repro that reproduces this behavior in PXL created meshes I’ll be happy to submit a report for this.