Desktop Forward And Deferred Renderers For iOS

[iOS | 4.26] Currently also facing the issue with Reflections not properly working on older iOS devices. On my end it works perfectly fine with movable Skylight and Directional Light on iPad Pro’s 2020 & 2021. Wasn’t able to test with 2019 version, but 2018 seems to have the issue with the reflections. I had this exact issue with older engine versions on Android but this was fixed in 4.26. My workaround was to also add a reflection capture probe but this doesn’t seem to cut it on iOS this time around. I tried several things but none of them have helped with the reflections:

• Used Metal Mobile Renderer instead of Metal Desktop
  • Used Box and Sphere Reflections Captures in addition to the Skylight (previously worked for Android)
  • Can’t use Stationary Lights with Metal Desktop rendering because of the issue seen here AR core almost dead in ue 4.25 - #10 by antinnit

Wanted to implement another workaround where I change the Sky Light angle at runtime, but it doesn’t seem that this functionality is exposed to BP (or even possible). I’m actually running out of ideas now. The only other thing I can think of at the moment would be to not use metallic materials.