DEDICATED SERVER GUIDE engine 4.14+

Never mind, I figured out what the problem was. I had the wrong ip address in the open level blueprint node. I thought it was the correct ip for the computer I wanted to connect the other clients to the whole time so I never thought to even check that again. lol. After I did a quick ipconfig check I found out I had it wrong, lol. Works great now!

Sorry only just seen your post . Glad you have sorted your issue. In the case with a lot of Internet providers your ip isn’t actually fixed/static and they recycle your ip on a monthly basis . So sometimes my ip randomly changes . Which might be the case with you. That’s why it’s best off setting up a static ip address for this type of thing . Of course for testing it’s not really an issue.

Hello,I can’t find how to make dedicated server on version 4.18,Did you know that you are creating a server in version 4.18?

I’m sorry i found it now.

yeah sorry havnt gotten around to updating guide.
if you use the same server target files from the 4.17 version it will work on building 4.18 version.

I posted a question here: Connect to dedicated server remotely - Multiplayer & Networking - Epic Developer Community Forums where I am having trouble connecting to remote server, would be great if someone could give it a read and share any advice

You are a merciful, humble and helpful god. Thank you EniGmaa!! I am currently working on some modeling and texturing right now. But when I get back to UE4, I am excited to give this a go and see if I really have been doing my project correctly for multiplayer.

Appreciate you!!!
Not enough exclamation points in the world to show my appreciation.

Hey @EniGmaa, first off, thanks for all the great work.
Just wanted to know if you’ll be updating the guide for 4.19?
I tried following the guide and everything worked except for building the development server. The build completes successfully, but doesn’t generate the server.exe files.
If it was my error, I’d love some help because this has been driving me crazy since 4.19 is still new and there’s not a lot of information out.

Edit: Turns out it really was my error! After going back through the wiki on a new version it turned out that I hadn’t created a new target in the source folder. As a side note, I encountered no errors with 4.19.2 as far as making the server files goes.