Decoys/Lures

is the decoy location Z to far from the floor?

sure you are send the moveToDecoy look invalid?

“is the decoy location Z to far from the floor”

If i only use zeros or positive numbers its ok, it does the sequence properly:

But if i use a negative number like -1000 for example or any negative number its doesnt work but its receving the values, it seems to bee skiping the task move to

Maybe at the time i took that printscreen it had not yet recived the value, it always begins with null/invalid at start play

men this ultra crazy :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeah i know right? ahahahahaah Its also driving me crazy HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP

But it was not always behavouring like this it was a time that worked with negative numbers this started to happen when i first use the “for each loop” node

I was very intrigued and I have recreated the mechanics and it works perfectly for me.
The problem must be somewhere else

I have done same as you and always get the same issue with the negative numbers dont matter the aproeach :frowning:

Its seems to bem an engine bug

@Est_engine
@DomusLudus

I figured it out it was this “Project Goal Location” checkbox that needed to be unchecked:

BUT i`m still struggling handeling the diferent decoys individualy…

When i turn one instance ON the others turn ON too for starts…
How can i avoid this do you know?

this is my interaction with decoy (on/off):

I don’t think the error is here but in the event that triggers it. How do you activate the event?
Another thing I don’t understand is why are you doing child? This is the actor that you can put on the map. it seems you are trying to use this actor as controller and its children as field agents

btw, And the “turn on Count” should be set to complete pin, now it is in the loop and will add one for each enemy.

I’m glad you found the other problem

This is how i activate the event:

on overlap with hitbox i tell the CH_human that he can interact with the decoy

on Ch_human, when press E (InputAction Interact), if he can interact then interacts/activates:

As for the child question: for now im just working with the decoyParent, i used this name because in the future intended to create childs with same caracteristics and behaviours but with diferent meshes( ex: a machine, a speaker, etc…)

You are activating the interaction of all decoys, not the one you have entered.
Leave the logic in the beacon itself
Put “can interact” branch in the begin of EventInteractiveDecoy and delete all this:

1 Like

Thank you it worked :slight_smile: i had this working properly before when i was using LineTrace but i decided to switch overlap to be more responsive.

Just one more question.

i have this part as we have seen before that send the location to a chaseDecoy sequence in BTree:

Its working but i only goes to the first location, I wanted the enemy to go the last recived location even if the enemy didnt had reached the first loaction yet,

In other words: if I turn the “A” the enemy goes to that location if " turn “B” while enemy is going to “A” it still goes to “A” but I want it to go “B” because it was the las recived location…

Hope that was clear, thank you in advance :slight_smile:

As long as the BT is in the move task you can change the vector and it works, you should make the changes in the BT. I recommend that you look at more tutorials about BT.
I can’t do everything for you :joy:

“As long as the BT is in the move task you can change the vector and it works” I tought the same but its not happening… thats why im asking,

Anyway you helped a lot thank you for that :slight_smile: im gonna keep trying

I need to sleep more ahaha it was just quite simple ahahhahaha

just needed to set "goingToDecoy"to false before setting it to true so any time I interect with decoy it resets the target location:

Thank you very much for all your help :sunglasses: