December #UE4JAM, December 10-13th. THEME: The Beginning Is The End

Sorry, still playing catch-up on those!

Oh, nice theme. Instantly makes me think of Steven King’s Dark Tower series…

It’d be really nice if people could tag their game as ‘local multiplayer’ so I’d know in advance. For the mega jam I had a friend come over, usually (but not always available) I have my girl play with me. If I had a list of local multiplayer before getting too deep, I’d call someone over to play. Basically, if I’m able to do so, I do it, but often I know is normal and is either sleeping the time of my jam or are too drunk to do anything.

Quick question :

When participating, do I need to publish the whole project (source code)?

hi. new as a baby here, i have music? my band just did an album, called The World is About to End…seems kinda thematic? I can also do a little bit of this and that, the last time i did anything serious with the engine was for the original 1999 MSU contest…lol.

I want to help, gimme something to do

No, when you package the game you get a folder called WindowsNoEditor. Rename it, zip it, upload it and send the link on the submission thread <3.

Dead gamejam diary: Today i slept. Yes i relaxed in my bed and dreamed. Now i have power again todo part 2 of my gamejam work. <3

No worries, thanks for that. Still deciding on exactly what to do.

Agree. To many quotes which leads to many interpretations and puzzle games without actual gameplay.

Managed to get a good start last night. Already coming along pretty well.

It did, however, keep me up until 4am so I am not a happy worker today.

Good luck to! Remember to sleep!

what is the theme? Anything?
I didn´t get it yet…

Lucky you. I still haven’t came up with an idea to match the theme. I guess I will not be completing this one.

I sent you guys both some brainstorming ideas. Hopefully it helps you figure out what you’d like to do.

Unless i’m crazy (which is highly possible since i haven’t slept since the theme was announced) but the countdown timer is missing a day. The deadline says “before midnight on the night of December 13/ morning of December 14th.” It is currently Friday afternoon and the countdown says 1 day 10 hours left. Shouldn’t it be 2 days 10 hours?

If I have a day less then I want to be able to plan accordingly!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Whoa, good catch! I’ve updated it now :slight_smile:

I can sleep now :slight_smile:

Is it timer right?

http://www.timeanddate./countdown/to?iso=20151214T00&p0=207&msg=December+Game+Jam+Deadline+Countdown

Its say that there are around 42 hours left O.o

I was wondering too.

Even if, im packaging now. So im definitly ready in a few hours!

The silence about the whole jam makes me worries… What are you guys up to.