[daydream] Black screen with FirstPersonTemplate and 4.15P4

I managed to find a workaround for my project’s black screen on start → I added a blank level to be loaded first and then it loads my main level. I believe if I had also delayed the spawning of my pawn it would also work - it appears to be some sort of race condition as a guess causing the problem.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who stumbles on this in 4.15 - if you see your loading screen or your begin play debug text stuck on the screen flashing then try adding a delay either by a blank level or delayed pawn spawn.

I managed to find a workaround for my project’s black screen on start → I added a blank level to be loaded first and then it loads my main level. I believe if I had also delayed the spawning of my pawn it would also work - it appears to be some sort of race condition as a guess causing the problem.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who stumbles on this in 4.15 - if you see your loading screen or your begin play debug text stuck on the screen flashing then try adding a delay either by a blank level or delayed pawn spawn.

My project does not have any of those things unfortunately but I managed to find a workaround for my project’s black screen on start → I added a blank level to be loaded first and then it loads my main level. I believe if I had also delayed the spawning of my pawn it would also work - it appears to be some sort of race condition as a guess causing the problem.

I found a solution to this problem in the Unity forums.
Some devs had the exact some issue and they fixed it by disabling the Google VR Service on their devices.
For me this worked like a charm for pretty much all UE4 apps that were having this problem before.