Cyclical dependency issues still in 4.9

Not one object, I mean I have 60 widget blueprints in my project :slight_smile: And I only add one widget to the viewport so all the 59 other widgets are actually in some way a child of the first one.
I am developing a RTS, so the UI is quite dynamic, and for dynamic UI almost everything has to be a separate widget.

have a widget that has a widget switcher in it. That seems to be the problem. When I go into my widget with the reference viewer, I find this REINST for the widget that is IN the widget viewer. I have to delete it, then compile and save then put it back and compile and save. Quesiton is, why does this happen? It’s annoying to stop the flow of your work to have to keep working around things like this. And when will it be fixed?

Yes im still getting issues with this in 4.10,
I really want to upgrade my pack JcInventory to get rid of all the currently necessary UMG hacks so the code can be learnt from easier. Submitted a bug report on the answer hub but the problem with that is i literally have no idea how to reproduce this stuff, it just eventually happens with complex projects- so my bug report is not really helpful i guess. Im sure that makes it really hard for epic as well :frowning:

**Arbopa **im afraid i cant give you any advice other other then to delete a few related classes and reprogram them, and test often to see if you can find the moment it breaks.

I just saw 4.11 preview today. And yet… cyclical dependency is still a big issue in UE4. I have been facing this and a variety of other ‘references’ problem.
All of this involves blueprint not being deal with dependencies issues hence resetting to some transient class.

sigh. I’m not sure if it will ever be fixed.

Oh no… Probably need to rewrite everything in C++