Custom object line trace don't work on mobile?

I’ve made a custom object and I am using a single line trace for that object type only, but on mobile preview it wont work. and on my phone it crashes when I try to trace…

I tried setting on draw debug type and used the mobile preview. It didn’t give me any trace…

Hi fanzypantz,

We’re going to need more information before we can begin providing assistance for you. Please have a look at this AnswerHub thread for a template of what info we’re going to need.

Thanks!

Where do I find the crashlogs on the mobile deployment? Here is the project files; Dropbox - Error

Now I am using an Samsung Note 2(GT- N7100) Android 4.4.2

I am tracing for a custom object channel trough the pawn blueprint and every-time I try to do that part of the blueprint the game crashes on mobile. I cant duplicate it on a new project.

On PC: It works, no problems
On PC Mobile Preview: no crash, not working.
On Mobile: instant crash.

The trace is directly on the pawn event graph. I can’t see anything directly wrong with the blueprinting, but I don’t know the limitations of Mobile blueprinting.

I know there’s a bug with the “line trace by channel” not intersecting when it should about 5-10% of the time. The fix for that is using the “Sphere Trace by Channel”. Have you tried switching to the sphere trace to see if it crashes as well?

I switched it out for a sphere trace. I’m not really sure what is wrong. The only thing that happens afterwards is a few variables that get set and small one cast node. It’s my first mobile game try, so I’m sure I’ve missed something… Like UMG don’t seem to work.

oh it crashed, I’ll do some more testing and come back in a min.

first I cut the thing after the trace, crash… Then I cut the trace off completely, no crash. So I seem to have a problem with the trace.

where exactly on my phone do I find the log? thanks for the help btw

Does it still crash, or are you able to get past the crash?
If it still crashes, either both traces cause issues, or no traces cause issues and the cause of the crash is elsewhere.
If it doesn’t crash anymore, then we have isolated the crash to the line trace by channel as the cause.

Hmm, okay. Sounds like you’re going to have to add a crash log so that the epic devs can figure out what exactly is causing the traces to crash.

Look in your game directory. There should be a “Saved” folder. In there, you should see something that has your game name with a .log file extension. This is what you want to see & send.

http://puu.sh/hUHMa/a1731c9942.log

This was the only log I found. I did however figure out that on PC Mobile Preview the trace actually works but always give me a false even though it should hit(it does on PC)

Edit; it gives me false with or without custom object type…

Yeah, I don’t see anything there which jumps out at me. Check out this link and see if it helps you find any other crash logs:

I’ve done more work since, but I am crashing on startup this time: I used android monitor and this is the log from when I try to launch it: http://puu.sh/hVQoa/ac094bc33c.txt

I’ve done more work since, but I am crashing on startup this time: I used android monitor and this is the log from when I try to launch it: http://puu.sh/hVQoa/ac094bc33c.txt

Hi fanzypantz,

I noticed references to some ‘failed to read’ file errors right before your crash, like this:

LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read
file
‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Editor/Slate/Common/TableViewHeader.png’
error.

and while I do think those are going to be a problem for your project, I don’t think that’s what is causing your crash. What I think it is, is this:

05-22 01:13:57.791: D/UE4(1552): Fatal
error:
[File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\AI\Navigation\NavCollision.cpp]
[Line: 438] 05-22 01:13:57.791:
D/UE4(1552): Attempt to build nav
collision data for
/Game/Meshes/Bus_mid.Bus_mid:NavCollision_0
when we are unable to. This platform
requires cooked packages. 05-22
01:13:57.791: D/UE4(1552):
[2015.05.21-23.13.57:798][
0]Assertion failed: Assertion failed:
[File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.8\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\AI\Navigation\NavCollision.cpp]
[Line: 438] 05-22 01:13:57.791:
D/UE4(1552): Attempt to build nav
collision data for
/Game/Meshes/Bus_mid.Bus_mid:NavCollision_0
when we are unable to. This platform
requires cooked packages.

This appears to be a setup problem since UE4 cannot generate a navmesh dynamically for Android; it requires precooked content. For your reference, here is the Mobile Development documentation .

Hope that helps!

Thanks, that combated my crash on load, but still crashes on tracing.
Here is the log from when this happens; http://puu.sh/hWwxi/d64d183b06.txt
Just search for: “Swipe Right Event” and the crash happens right after that.
There is quite a few errors, and the slate thing might be related to why my UMG doesn’t show up?

Hi Fanzypantz,

One of the common elements I see in both your UE4 logs and your monitor logs is ‘BP_Character_C’, which might be the root cause of your issues. Here are the affected BP elements from your editor logs:

BP_Character_C.ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Character

BP_Character_C.Swipe Left Event

BP_Character_C.ExecuteUbergraph_BP_Character

BP_Character_C.InpTchEvt_EdGraphPin_6620

Here is another AnswerHub thread wherein a user was experiencing the same error on crash (Assertion failed: Result [File:Runtime/CoreUObject/Public/UObject\Stack.h] [Line: 225]) and the JIRA report logged for same (UE-7872) which is still being fixed. Luckily, Doug Wilson was able to provide a workaround for the other user that might work for you.

Good luck!