Creating a Speed Modifier?

Yeah, that looks about right…you’ll need to cast the GetPlayerCharacter to your character though.

Okay I got the character to run faster and stays fast…but now he doesn’t stop (slow down)…did I connect something wrong?

Once the timer runs out the player character needs to go back to the base 600 speed.

I tried changing the 5 seconds in time remaining variable but it has no effect.

Ah ULLS I believe I had it connected wrong…my apologies. Is this more like what you meant?

I believe I am having an issue with the storing time in a variable part. Can you please explain? I simply created a Float variable named “Time Remaining”. Was this not the right thing to do?

Ok ULLS,

I totally screwed up the way you said to do it so I tried something different and I still get the same effect! My character speeds up and will run for the allotted time and then slows back down.

How can I set this blueprint up so that each time the character overlaps the (SpeedVolume) and he has already gone through one before the time/delay wears off …his time/delay to run fast is increased?

I may just sleep on it and start over from scratch tomorrow…

This is very close but you are setting your speed variable from the remaining time, you’ll want to set it as 2000 just like the other one from the false output of the branch, then set the ‘time remaining’ variable from the get remaining time node directly after. After this you should add the variable ‘remaining time’ to the standard boost time (e.g. RemainingTime + 10) and plug the output to the timer. This should then work.

I don’t think it would be possible to do it using the delay node as it pauses the flow and has no way of tracking the remaining time.

Thanks ULLS for all your help.

No problem, have you managed to get it working?

No problem, have you managed to get it working?
[/QUOTE]

Yes I did…but I did it through using an interface and then calling that interface in the MyCharacter BP. Your help was insightful and much appreciated.

Great news!! :smiley:

thnx for ULLS thats helpful but more detail for nobs its verry appreciated :rolleyes: