Create a umg minimap

We’ll ETS2’s minimap will not be easy to re-create and I doubt if it can be done in blueprints, especially an entire continent.

The general idea behind a starer mini map is to place a camera in your level and then get its view though a render target and display it in a widget like this

. An ETS2 style you’d be generating some sort of 3d widget, displaying a mesh maybe, a really crazy complicated material, or else some heavy c++ code to turn road markers into debug lines (your best bet really): a constant set of loops that looks for invisible actors placed every 500m on the highways that draws red debug lines, every 750m on sideroads to draw yellow skinny lines and then of course the checks and loops for when your on a job and missed a turn etc.
Not easy!

I’ve been thinking about how to design a similar map system to ETS2 in Unity for 2 years and havnt found a perfect answer.

Heres some tuts
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/2n6wjm/how_to_create_a_2d_mini_map_using_ue45_not_the/ - using a panning node with a masked material to create a moving minimap
How to create a mini map - Blueprint - Unreal Engine Forums - big duscission on a umg bp MM

Let me know if that gets you started

Don’t forget to accept an answer that best clears your question up or answers it so when the community finds your question in the future via search/google they know exactly what you did to fix it/get it going.