Crash spawning actor from template

Hi, thanks for the response. I’m seeing the same behavior with that code snippet. Are you seeing something different?

Hey again,

It looks like it’s working on my end.

Attached is a project that I am testing with.

[][1]

[1]: ) (471 KB)

Hey, sorry for the very long delay. I’m looking into this again. There seems to be something wrong with that project. I can’t compile it and the errors I’m getting are pretty weird. Visual studio thinks there are syntax errors in the generated headers.

UPDATE: I was able to get your code running back in my original project. I now DO see one change with it. In 14.1, blueprints WILL spawn from the template. However, any blueprint with a procedural mesh component does NOT appear.

Unfortunately, this means I can’t use it. I’m trying to avoid some of the high cpu cost of initializing a procedural mesh component from a static mesh by spawning an actor from a template.

Hey ,

Since your current issue seems to be a bit different than the original issue in this thread, would you mind creating a new topic that relates to Spawning Actors from Templates not working when the blueprint contains a PMC?

You can create the thread in the Bug Reports section. Please provide as much information as possible, or even a test project so that we can reproduce the issue and see if a ticket needs to be entered.

Thanks!

I was trying for 40 minutes spawn the actor with a template and your ExistingActor->GetClass() saved my life. Thanks.