CPU for UE4 development?

Liquid coolers, including all in ones, are a liability. There’s more that can fail or go wrong. The pump could stop working, the cooler could leak, or the fluid could slowly evaporate to the point where it’s no longer cooling. A large air cooler like the NH-D15 is just as effective as a liquid cooler.

Also high temperatures don’t kill PCs, what slowly kills PC parts is heating and cooling from one extreme to the other, over and over again. But that’s not really a concern because it very slowly over years (at least 5+) causes failures. Your much more likely to have a PSU or storage go bad, which isn’t temperature related, and cheap/easy enough to swap out.

My first question is does that motherboard support CPU overclocking? I didn’t notice anything in the description mentioning that. If it doesn’t support overclocking then you can save yourself a few bucks and get a non “K” version of the CPU.

You should check out some of the PSU calculators and plug in all of your parts, 650W for this build seems a little high IMO. At a quick glance I don’t think this system would exceed 300W, CPUs and GPUs are super power efficient now. It definitely won’t hurt anything, high power PSUs should be more efficient at lower wattages. But you might be able to shave off a few bucks going with a lower wattage PSU.

I’m a bit out of the loop with DDR4 recently but 2133MHz with a latency of 15 for 200$ seems a bit steep IMO. Maybe I’m just mistaken, hopefully someone else will chime in on that. I also would recommend finding RAM that is advertised for your chipset. I know this wasn’t a real issue in the past with DDR3 but DDR4 doesn’t seem to be mature enough to have actual industry standards. I know that Ryzen is still having issues with certain RAM sticks not working at advertised speeds while specific RAM sticks with Samsung dies are working perfectly. I expect Intels platform to be more mature since they have been dominant for so long, but you should definitely double check your RAM compatibility.

Air cooling is simply a non-issue now, except for Intel’s stock heatsink of course. That 30$ cooler does way a better job than you think. You should read up on heatsink comparisons. Last I looked a 30$ Hyper 212 is about 10c hotter than 100$+ heatsinks on a OC’d CPU under full load. That’s with just the one stock fan on it, you can mount two fans on it, and the fan brackets are removable so you can add a better fan whenever you feel like it. It’s a pretty sweet deal.

Water cooling your CPU is a luxury not a necessity.

Oh yeah that’s something I forgot, to OC an i7 you need a model with a Z270 chipset. Here a comparison between chipsets.

The price of the RAM is OK, it’s 50$ for every 8GB and DDR4 prices have been going up since the beginning of the year.

if you want to really work with that setup you should consider another display.
i recommend dell 2515h or 2715h ips Panels with great rgb, even adobe rgb values for about $300?