Couldn't find inherited parent component 'X' for 'Y'

I have not been able to reproduce this on my end, even with a project updated from a previous build. For now I will remark this as answered as it seems the error is gone as of 4.7.6, but if you are able to find steps that reproduce the error please comment back and I’ll certainly take another look at this error.

4.7.6 has only fixed one Error on Mac you Epic said Windows user don’t need to get 4.7.6.
I still get these Warnings with 4.7.5 so they are not fixed. I also can’t tell you how to reproduce this, since it just happened for me in my project months ago.

This is true, the 4.7.6 hotfix is for Mac. However I have no reproduction steps outside of what is already present here with which to test this bug, and the reproduction steps that I have do not produce this error any longer. As I said, if you do manage to find additional steps that you are taking that reproduce this error or if you could provide a test project that this error occurs in, I will be happy to look at this again. Until that time, I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes.

This sounds as if it could fix the bug: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/885e684d46a04da35a89687e7fe4e45fd03d4d6d

The log still gets spammed with these warnings in 4.8, so I assume the commit I linked above is not yet in 4.8?

Hey ,

It appears this has been implemented in 4.9 and is already in the Github master branch.

The warnings are still there in official 4.9. Followed these repro steps in a new, clean project and the warning showed up: “USimpleConstructionScript::FixupRootNodeParentReferences() - Couldn’t find inherited parent component ‘DefaultSceneRoot’ for ‘Scene1’ in BlueprintGeneratedClass ‘REINST_child_C_43’ (it may have been removed)”

In my main project my output log is spammed by a lot of these warnings.

Hi ,

I have not been able to reproduce this error as of 4.9. If you are still experiencing this, please make a new answerhub post with updated reproduction steps.

I’ve created a new bug report HERE.

I’m seeing this in 4.9 as well. It’s in a project updated from 4.8.3.

Hi alk3ovation,

Is it the same error is seeing? Please check his answerhub post. If it is, the bug has already been reported and the bug report number is on 's report for reference purposes.

I still get this problem abudantly in 4.9 , no idea how to fix

Hi ,

Unfortunately there has not been a fix implemented for this particular error as of yet. I have updated the bug report to reflect that additional developers are experiencing this error. In the mean time, try the workaround suggested above.

Appreciatte the feedback. Unfortunately still struggling with this issue :(. 's workaround is a pretty good one but I need to be able to cast the parent type and find the component in the hierarchy so unfortunately the solution won’t apply for me. Is there a forum thread where a WIP conversation about this issue is ocurring? Is there any other way we could assist epic in tracking down the issue?

Hi ,

I’ve updated the bug report. At this moment our resources are dedicated elsewhere, so I do not have a timeframe of when a fix will be implemented. However, if you have access to source and manage to find a suitable fix, you can submit a github pull request if you would like the fix to be implemented to assist other developers who may be experiencing the same error.

We got the same bug (in 4.12.3), and it occurred when creating a new component inside a child blueprint (which doesn’t exist in the parent). Fixed it by creating the same component inside the parent.

Maybe this helps others with the same issue.

Hi Priareos,

Thank you for the updated information, I have updated UE-1963 to better reflect this.

Glad to see this is being looked into. I have a ton of these in my output log in 4.12.5.

Is it not proper programming to add components to a child class? Just wondering if this is an expected error and I’m just dumb or if there is a better way to set items up. Seems like the parent class shouldn’t need to have every possible component that child classes might have, but I don’t really know.

It should be proper programming. I just got the same issue as everyone else here, and my child blueprints must have different amounts of components from their parent bp. Adding the same components in the parent bp to stop the warnings is really a hack. So hopefully Epic will get this bug fixed soon.

bug still exists in version 4.13. What a shame