Continuation of the 4.8 Preview! - May 7 2015 @ 2PM ET

The stream was very instrutive.
Great to see that UMG will get all those updates…

Just to follow up on the question raised about PIE/StandAlone, I think it is clear that some object are not reference in Standalone and this is the root cause of the discrepancies.
One path that can really help is the cook documentation improvement. This has been raised on the documentation side thread, but this is clearly an area where we need more information to understand the process and how works the different properties.

here are some cases where PIE / Standalone are not working:

• HUD / UI - in those case, as of today, if you load the widget by code (load object) you will fail in standalone are the object are not referenced. the only option to include them is to add the directory in the cooking parameter. An area of improvment might be to “parse” the code to look for LoadObject macro and see if the path can be resolved (hardcoded path), if it can, why not including it as a reference object?
  • Slate Atlas texture - in PIE, evertyhing is working as expected, in Standalone, the icon “cut” of my Atlas is not done properly. It might be a setting but from scratch I failed. As of today, I have no solution but I didn’t dig a lot as we are moving on UMG. If someone knows, I will be glad to have the answer.

thanks,