[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

yelp_waves_painting.jpg&stc=1

Hey, I’m using your in my project and it looks amazing! Thank you for all your work and for making free:)

That black horizon seam line is ruining the whole effect, otherwise, its beautiful, the water needs more random values in color, and normal, regular water doesn’t just sit.

Also, how’s progress coming on the shore wake foam and waves?

Guys I’m trying to Package my project [wind64- Unreal 4.12.5] including pack but I’m getting error :

MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Domain_ProcessExit
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): copying UAT log files...
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Cook Failure

I’ve gone through thread and seems like other people have some similar issues with packaging too. Is there any workaround for ?! or should we wait for 4.13 ?!

When you look at photos of tropical islands you can see a dark line where the deep water begins, I tried to recreate that with ExponentialHeightFog but it doesn’t really work.

Hey just a quick question. Planar reflections are broken at the moment for VR. what can I do to not use Planar reflections. When i disable it the water goes black.

I was having the same trouble but resolved by compiling the code in VS2015 including the plug in, I also striped out a lot of the items I didnt need before packaging. If you go back to page 40 you can see my long post of what I was going through I hope it helps.

Anyone had luck with Waveworks ever? I can’t apply textures to the surface, the detail is lost, its like the UVs aren’t proper or something.

No matter what I do my always looks do dark / dirty. I even tried to copy the exact same settings from the demo project but it just looks completely different. Does anyone know why? I mean settings are settings. How can the outcome of my look totally different then the one provided within the demo project?

Post process volume.

It’s probably a Skylight isssue, try setting your skylight to movable and increasing the intensity.

You were right, thank you! As I deleted my skylight and added the blueprint for the everything changed. The lightning is messed up now and I have lots of new stuff to mess around with. Is there any tutorial explaining how to properly set the plugin up. I couldn’t find any here and I am completely new to subject. Any help is much appreciated.

I have directly copied the demo maps over to a new project but when viewed in the new project the underwater visual effect does not work at all.

Hey -

I see the folder “4.12 Shaders (by LeFxGuy)” and the contents inside - im not sure how to “add” these or where to add …
maybe whats causing people (including myself) to have issues with the PP_Global not displaying the underwater .
I have copy/pasted items from project to my own, everything but the underwater view works (the blue postprocessing). I have been trying to get it to work for about 6 hours no, no luck.
Any direction from those that have it working (4.12.5) ?

Look in the level BP of the stock project you need to figureout a way to findout when the camera is underwater and thus apply the PP in the underwater volume. You need underwater BP, PP underwater set to PP_Underwater_inst_2 and the logic that when camera goes underwtaer is calls bool isUnderwater() == true on a do once and then resets the inverse which sets it to false when its above. These functions take the player camera location and compare it to the oceans GetWaveHeightValue(bool twoIterations, FVector locIn, &FVector OutDifference, bool& OutBIsUnderwater) (or something like that) and then they subtract 10 cm for extra sureness.

PP_Global does not display underwater . PP_Underwater_inst_2 and BP_Underwater with a PP_Underwatervolume AND a way to enable it when underwater do. The shaders go in your 4.12/engine/shaders/* where all the unreal shader files are (.usf)
Close editor first, restart and hit ctrl + shift + comma to recompile editor shaders. Same way its been since… 4.8 or so?

Boom bang bing.

The is the sky HUD doesnt compile in a level BP so you cook that level or a memory reference to that level and it fails. I think its Island_Map or either wya one of the maps, check the level BP and delete the OLD_HUD sky bit. It doesnt compile and definitly doesnt cook.

Hello guys, i was trying to implement in my project and when copied everything and opened the project it forced me to do a build. I did and everything was inside but i had to reconnect basically every shader and re-copy all the materials and blueprints. I’m guessing i did something wrong? (i am using plugin inside an editor already modified which is runned trough ).

After i copied everything and spend a couple hours re writing everything so it mimic the project one (does have to do or is there a faster/better way to implement ??) is what i got:

there is blank where the waves are supposed to be. Is there a way to fix ? i checked everything referencing the waves. The material, mesh, blueprint, everyhing! help me pleaseeeeee

thanks a lot in advance!
Seehr

Migrate the content folder to your project and copy th eplugins folder to /plugins/

I did and i still had to reconnect all the functions and parameter collection and everything else :frowning:
Maybe it’s because i’m using a modified version of the engine?
it forced me to do a build the first time i loaded the project.