[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Did you get in contact with what was his username that forked the repo and made some great code changes?

I’m really Really thinking about putting time in development of the subsim again and now that I’ve learnt Java at a college/ level I’m sure I can pick up the UE4 API fairly fast and anything I come up with will be shared.

We need to get development going.

The only ones I know of that do it right are the Crysis and Far Cry games - they even do the half-camera above water case right.

The volume fade-in sounds perfect for my needs.

Hello and thanks again for amazing :). I have a big problem and maybe one of you will be able to help me. I buy the Ultra Dynamic Sky and personnaly I really love it! Here the probleme: The won’t update with the Sky and the Sun. So I see my real-time sun reflection and the reflection of the sun before I press play. I’ll show you some screenshot.

So If I start the game in Night mode, the will always be dark and vice versa.

As we can see the light don’t work in real time with the .

If someone here know how to fix , it would be nice to share the solution.

Have a good day !

That’s because of the skylight capture which is not updated in real time and there is no decent solution yet (you can force the skylight to recapture over time but it’s too expensive and will cause a noticeable hitch).

As I mention above, I’m working on a solution:

Thanks for the answer and sorry for the question!

Sorry for the late late late late late response. Haven’t check thread in forever, or any of the UE4 threads for that matter. It’s been a while, but when I stopped development I was in the process of building FishNode’s. Basically you would have one fish manager in the scene, and a large sphere collider on yourself. When your sphere collider hits a FishNode, it spawns the fish type and number specified in the node. When the node moves more than a certain distance away from the sphere it should de-spawn back into a node. idea was crafted so that you could have many more fish in the game world without having to compute their movement. It would also allow you to create schools of fish that migrate over long distances, or during weather events by moving only one object instead of up to 100’s, I’m not sure if I ever got around to the full implementation, but is the grand idea. I believe when I stopped development I was having issues where if you hit the node, it left the sphere, and you hit the node again in rapid secession it would crash the level editor. Probably a pointer, where the spawn is pointing at a memory address that had just been erased. would need to be solved for it to work correctly.

<3 you all,

P.S. image. Makes me happy to see the fish being used :3

I’m getting back into my project 2 weeks ahead of schedule and I have “Learning C++ Through Unreal Engine 4” on hold at the library (im 5th in line!) has anyone read it is it any good? So I may start coding stuff soon as I start learning more about the C++ API using my uni Java experience.

Oh wow! Part 2 is out! I missed that! Can’t wait to give it a shot!

really is a grate looking water, was playing around with it today going for that beach look. you cant see in the photos, but reflection that it gives off with the island look grate, and the way the water flows back from the beach, looks grate

That water looks realy professional and good.
I would almost say its the best water ive seen so far.

Hi. Can someone tell me the size of latest update?

I’m third in line at the library for the ue4 cpp book. Gonna try to modify the mesh for boat wakes, bow waves and hurricanes. Any other ideas for cool things to try to code through cpp?

Hey, project looks .

Question: are there any copyrights the assets of project. Can i use any of the included models for free?

Hello !

I just want to say that I loved project. It really is an incredible work!

Here is a screenshot from a personal game I’m working on using it.

Thank you for project!! :D:D

I wish Epic would implement into the engine, like in CryEngine.

I’ve made my offical fork of DC’s project https://.com//

Will be updating and making branches as skills permit. Going to start with learning how to get triangle vert vectors and start modifying them in different ways.

So first goal I think will be to implement and port anything i can from open source projects available and from papers such as breaking waves and work on boat physics and FX.

Sorry if has been asked, but is their any easy way to make “holes” in the plane (In the same way you can make holes in a landscape for creating caves and stuff)? Thankyou!

Not that I can think of since its not a landscape based water setup like that one game. Youd have to do some shader/texture setups to make the height lower than everything else with no or you could tile the down and use multiple tiles with 1+ missing since they tile seamlessly.

Has anyone had problems with minimap flickering? I see flicker following my pawn around and showing up on the surface.

watch?v=GnzOCuwIRUA