[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Mate, you’re a hero!

Really looking forward to testing the new release. Thanks again for all the time and effort that has been into !

Cheers,

Seconded, and myself and are ready to add as much as we can for great project.

Hi , Excellent work! is the compatible with mobile devices?

Thanks!

I would assume yes, but with low performance you would have to port the blueprint to c++ at a minimimum. Framerates are not the greatest even on decent PC hardware.

The material is a bit of a monster, 600 instructions using many features mobiles don’t support so unfortunately no not at time. It’s something I will look into in the future, right now I am trying to go as realistic as possible and that doesn’t work well with mobile usually. :slight_smile:

###################################

Hey guys,

So after a couple days of frustration, I still haven’t managed to get the plugin to play nicely with the editor :(… But the good news is it extremely close to being ready (just 2 bugs left)! :slight_smile:

But I want to upload something while I work out a way to fix it, so here is the updated 4.7 version with some of the new features for you to play around with now:

DOWNLOAD HERE for UE4 ver 4.7.2:
If you have Visual Studio installed download here (190mb) - <Link Removed - Now on >

For those without Visual Studio download here (308mb) - <Link Removed - Now on >

** Link** - https://.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject

is only a temporary upload with some of the new additions added in, and will be replaced as soon as the plugin is working. I am almost certain I found the, it just needs some more testing. Hopefully will be fixed over the weekend, but in the meantime I wanted to give you guys something to start playing with for 4.7. I will also add in 's BP system and a brand new Fish Flocking AI system thanks to asap (looks dude! Thank you!), but will be after the build goes up once the plugin is all good.

Apologies for the delay again… Moment it’s ready I will post up a new link!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update . However, when I try to load it I get a message about a .dll being compiled with an older version of the editor. Is normal? Doesn’t seem to want to recompile it on my end :slight_smile:

Which version are you using? Sorry I should have mentioned it more clearly it is version 4.7.2 for the download above, are you using 4.7.2?

Thank you I will test it ASAP. Me and Avo have just been prototyping over Skype but you’ll love what we’ve got so far. It looks BEAUTIFUL, underwater is the only thing missing so far.

Is considered version 1.2 of the project, for our organization purposes on BitBucket?

Yeah the underwater needs touching up, I have been focusing on the plugin instead for the past couple of days. Looks like the plugin is almost ready, fixed the bugs just doing more testing to make sure.

I would call version 1.1.9 currently :stuck_out_tongue:

1.2 will be the version uploaded to later weekend, I just wanted to post up so you guys can start messing around with it adjusting the settings how you like, see what works best for you etc.

Yepp, I’m on 4.7.2 and I double checked that I used the correct version of OceanDemo, zip file called OceanDemo 4.7.zip

Might there be something else I’m doing wrong?

I just re-zipped the project and tested it out and it is working so I just re-uploaded the project with tested file, and updated the link above to the new file.

When you unzip the folder, go into the OceanDemo folder and double click on the OceanDemo.uproject file. It should pop up a box saying “The following modules are missing or built with different engine version … Would you like to rebuild them now?” just press Yes and it will compile the source code and then load the project.

Here is the link (also added above) - <Link Removed - Now on >

** Link** - https://.com/UE4-/

Works fine. Guys make sure you uncheck “realtime” (click the first arrow in the viewport toolbar) otherwise it simulates conststantly and will leak memory like a *****. Is that unreal or do you have memory issues in the code? I’m not into memory managment yet so no idea.

Alright, I suspect I need something else installed to properly recompile the source as it is I only get an error when trying to do so.

Got patrol working in the 4.7 with your new release works just fine for me. Thanks guys

Visual studio is needed to compile c++ scripts, Microsoft has released a community edition of VS 2013. Basically its everything in the pro version for teams of less than 5 people and I think no other restrictions.

The “warning” telling you the .pch files need to be compiled isnt an error. Just a dialog.

Hi , great to see all the effort you put in ! :slight_smile: Im having the same .dll problem as nightfrontier. I tried to re-zipp it, but that didnt help.
Rebuilding the source didnt help either. Im on 7.2 and my project is also built in 7.2 Hope you can help me out!

Ok yeah you will need Visual Studio installed to use that download… I delete the prebuilt source files, binaries, and the reference link *.sdf file to reduce the download size. With those files included the download will be larger.

I will upload that file as well and attach it to post when it has completed. So for clarity’s sake:

If you have Visual Studio installed download here (257mb) - <Link Removed - Now on >

For those without Visual Studio download here (308mb) - <Link Removed - Now on >

Link - https://.com/UE4-/

EDIT: My bad, looks like I shouldn’t be removing the *.sdf database… It was working but I just tried a new copy with the same results… sorry guys, will upload shortly

Ah, see :slight_smile: I appreciate that, Im not a coder.

If it is cool with you I’d really appreciate such a download where I don’t have to install Visual Studio. But then again it might be a good thing to have it installed if other projects may require you to recompile the source hehe :slight_smile:

Ok, new links are up! @nightfrontier I edited you post to remove the link that was in the quote, just to make sure it works I re-uploaded a new zip of the other link as well. :slight_smile: