[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

Sorry for sily question but what i should do to open plug-in and project file in 4.12.4 ? try to compile it but always with errors, maybe who knows how correct compile it ?

You don’t need to open it

Here, follow :
https://.com/UE4-OceanProject/OceanProject/wiki/How-to-add-to-your-project

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how do I fix the darker part?

Thx i saw it, and i know how add plugin but how i write in previous post problem is if i try add plugin to a project when start editor he ask me to compile and compile with error. Question is same how to compile plugin to 4.12.4 editor, i use version of engine. Edit: compile without errors, problem was in name of folder or version in .uplugin file, compile with: development editor win64.

Hi, there

We were trying to deploy the project to IOS(iphone 6, 6s), but failed with several compile errors below. Could anyone tell me how to solve ?

I had something similar with an object that was referenced to the controller but did not exist, don’t know if it will help you, but you could check dependencies, maybe there’s something missing.

Open up the folder \ShipsAndExamples\UI\ and then open the widget named “Interaction Widget”. From here select “Crosshair” from the Hierarchy panel and either delete it, or edit it however you want. :slight_smile:

project is not compatible with Mobile devices at the moment. The material requires DirectX 11, the Destructible objects require the Nvidia Apex, and the buoyancy requires the PhysX libraries, all of which are not available on iOS.

We do plan to make an OpenGL compatible version of the material, but without PhysX the buoyancy calculations will need to be re-written, and without Apex there won’t be any destructibles or cloth simulation (ship sails).

Sorry for the bad news. :frowning:

Very cool plugin! Thank for making effort! I have been playing with for a few hours, I striped down one of the examples to just have the , and my own sky as I was trying to reduce the overall learning curve to the system.

Question if I want to make wakes for a boat simulating an engine what method would be the best way to go about that? Do I create physics impulses perturb the water? I am doing some tests just wondering if someone has already created an additional example of working.

Question 2: Wet ? Someone must have done already as well.

Thank you again for the continued effort on plugin / system!

-V

@

Wow! offering of yours is tremendous! Thank you thank you!

I am sorry I am only just noticing thread for the first time :slight_smile:

I tried it out and I especially loved the breaking up of waves along the shoreline, your landscape . The buoyancy and Gerstner waves are great, tho personally I think of them as DotCamWaves

is one community contribution, thank youuuu!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]:heart:

Rama

There is a performance problem or something somewhere that give me 60FPS even in the UnLit Mode with a 780GTX

Hey Rama :slight_smile: That means a lot, coming from you :wink:

That’s probably because of the planar reflection component.
I would say it’s best to switch back like it was before with SSR (for now) until I add my custom planar reflection system which is better :stuck_out_tongue:

FFT-based Simulation WIP!

So after a lot of headaches and red bulls (sponsor me please? lol) I finally have a working FFT implementation.

Test #1.
_4UDU6K9NnE
(Don’t pay too much attention on the material look, is meant to showcase the displacement)

is simulating a 128x128 grid on the CPU at about 4ms on a separate thread.
The plan is to implement a GPU-CPU combo for maximum performance and quality.
The CPU will simulate a smaller FFT (up to 128) which will be used for height readback queries only (for buoyancy etc.) and the GPU will be able to simulate a larger grid (up to 2048) with normals, energy-based foam etc. which will be used for rendering.

The simulation above is using the classic Phillips spectrum from the tessendorf papers which produce nice sharp “choppy” waves and is meant to represent a fully developed open state, but there are other spectrum models out there (which I have partially implemented) that are more “physically correct” and can produce different style of waves.

There is still a lot of work to be done so don’t expect any of to be released anytime soon, I’m doing in my free time as you know :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done now excuse the idiot but what’s FFT? My life is surrounded with acronyms and one is making my day.

WOW @ ! Astonishing work! I knew you were up to something
 so quiet lately but I never imagine it would be ! wow. I can’t contain my enthusiasm :stuck_out_tongue: my congrats! Keep it up!

FFT stands for fast Fourier transform.

It’s widely used in movies (pretty much every movie where there is a CG ) and in AAA titles such as assassin’s creed and GTA5.

wiki quote:
“The FFT algorithm computes the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) of a sequence, or its inverse. Fourier analysis converts a signal from its original domain (often time or space) to a representation in the frequency domain and vice versa.”

The inverse FFT transforms a spectrum from the frequency domain which would look something like :
images.jpg

to a heightfield in the spatial (image) domain which looks something like :
heightfield.jpg

In more simple terms it basically lets you compute the sum of several hundred thousands of waves :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot, .
It seems PhysX supports IOS, and we tried cutting off Apex features, repackage, time it worked except for some material node errors during cook time.
Theoretically, if we ues animation or material system to simulate apex features and rewrite some unsopported material nodes, we can port the project to IOS. Am I right? Any suggest about that ?

Its obviously amazing work, but I miss the foamy water on the top where the waves crush, you know what I mean :P?

Edit: Ignore my post. I made the mistake by not reading the text just watching the video x_X. You are working on it and its great! <3

Thanks let us know if you have any issues and/or suggestions! :o

Good to hear from you as always, have fun with it!

Hey @I have been playing a bit with your new skydome, shouldn’t the sun at the north pole never set around 21th June? It’s pitch black at 20:00 for me
sounds a bit early for a midnight sun. Maybe I did something wrong? I used 90Âș for the latitude, and 0 for longitude (but longitude shouldn’t matter much for the poles). I might very well have done something wrong so please forgive me if so :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for pointing that out! Had not tested that far north/south.

The reason that is happening is I fade out the sun once it “should” be below the horizon (when it’s hour angle is less or greater than 110 degrees) and create a variable named Sun Height that get’s passed to the material, reduces sun brightness, increases moon brightness, and fades in the stars.

Obviously (it’s obvious to me now at least :p) that isn’t going to work properly, and not just at the poles, it’s not adjusting the value by latitude at all. I actually just created a new function to get the exact sun rise/set times which is needed for the skylight & TOD settings blend, should work well for too. I’ll try switching it over to the new function soon, but for now I’ll see if multiplying the value based on latitude (0-1 scale) is feasible. Might be a quick fix, will let you know asap.