[Community Project] WIP Weather & Water Shader

You have to add the /source/ folder from the 4.9 project zip and rename all the OceanGame instances to yourGameNameThere including file names. .Target.cs and the like.

Thanks! it works! :smiley:

I downloaded the complete project, but when I try to open it in UE4 it sais that oceanplugin.dll and oceanproject.dll are having modules missing or are built in another engine version, and after I press Yes to rebuild them it fails. I am using 4.9

Read my directions above. Is the source folder there and all the files named OceanGame filenames and inside files?

Hey Ive been trying to get our build going and had a weird error

Screen Shot 2015-09-01 at 9.51.07 PM.png

I have no clue what means but I do know it is a class in the plugin

any idea what to do for ?

Sorry. You can tell us more? I translate from English into Russian and do not understand the details.

Step 1.

Step 2.
Step 3. Insert files where?

No that is not the right location (in the image above), you should extract the content to the location you keep your Projects.

By default, that folder is:
C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Unreal Engine

Make sure you remove the folder from:
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source

and move it (or extract a new copy) to the projects folder in your documents. Once it is there, open the folder and double click the .uproject file to open it in UE4.

The Source folder was referring to is the Source folder in the folder itself. If you are just trying to run the project you can ignore that part.

Sorry for all the issues guys, there were some breaking changes in ver 4.9 that are making more difficult than it needs to be.

@HughieDM: I will push an update to fix that in a few minutes, that error does not show up in Visual Studio on PC… sorry about that, the class isn’t being used at point.

Ok 4.9 branch has just been updated with:

• Fix for compiling on a , commented out un-used code
  • Fix for odd moon rotation values
  • Fix for TimeScale, it was being multiplied by 60 erroneously.
    TimeScale=1 will produce: 1sec real time == 1sec game time

Let me know if you have any further upgrading issues.

Regarding OpenGL support, it is going to be much more difficult than I first thought to get an OpenGL implementation that is on par with DX11. Some sacrifices will need to be made to the look of the material, something I had hoped to avoid. Will update with more info on soon.

Further updates to the weather/sun/moon will be up shortly, had a couple of bugs come up that are delaying it’s release.

Is there a link Im missing for the update?

Again great work and thanx!

I’ve ran into a Visual Error with the Experimental Skydome, not sure if you knew about it or not but here’s an image: http://postimg.org/image/9abyhca4t/aa67edf9/
Is there a quick fix I can apply?

I’m using the 9/3/2015 update from Git, and UE4 4.9

Oh and project and all contributors to it :slight_smile: I love it.

P.S.

As I seem to experiment with some more, it seems that it’s the Cloud Cover Settings, anything Above 1.0 causes that shimmering in the Image.

You have a fix but don’t support OpenGL yet?

Anyway, me too I’m looking forward for a version.
THANKS

Wow, i am still impressed how project moves forward! If you don’t mind - i have a question.

Is there any approach on dealing with the transition between the surface and the
underlying water surface using a post process that will blend into the typical dark blue environment?

I know it might work with a box, but would be cool to inherit the oceans displacement.
KhenaB made such a cool translation but i think he used a simple plane inside the ships cabin.
(source: https://.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?47316-SubSide-Dev-progress/page5)

GTA V faked it quite good by skipping the part by switching the camera watch?v=uZ9k3u2giOw,
but i am more looking forward to first person and within the desired smooth effect.

Regardless , outstanding work! Looking forward to test it in 4.9 - Thank you!

So now Im getting a wierd error in VS

1>------ Build started: Project: TikiGalore, Configuration: Development_Game x64 ------
1> Performing 18 actions (4 in parallel)
1> PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: ‘S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\TikiGalore\Development\OceanPlugin\PCH.OceanPluginPrivatePCH.h.cpp’: No such file or directory
1> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\Plugins\OceanPlugin\Binaries\Win64\TikiGalore-OceanPlugin.lib
1> Total build time: 2.80 seconds
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “S:\Abyss_Development\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat TikiGalore Win64 Development “S:\Abyss_Development\Get_Golden_Game\TikiGalore\TikiGalore.uproject”” exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

and when I try to run it directly it asks to rebuld the plugins dlls and it fails to build

Did you download the latest version posted just a coupledays ago to by ? The -1 exit code makes me tihnk source code error, weird bugs usually exit with -3. try temporarily removing /plugins/oceanplugin/ and then regenerate project files, and see if a clean rebuild works. Also make sure your games core module is in order spelling etc.

I got it working sorry I totally didnt realize I was just doing a development build and not a development editor build!:confused:

As always thanx!

The looks so real I feel like I could touch it, amazing work

Hi All,

Just wanted to thank in thread and the original authors for their development, contribution, and expert skill producing excellent wave motion and , and then sharing that information with others in community freely. Well I’m new to Unreal4 from Arma3, and was noticing a lack of shared information especially in relation to free assets and weapons etc until I saw thread. I was also just about to uninstall Unreal4. The idea of a freely made Community Project/GAME (eg a Worldmap) that we can all attribute to sounds like a great idea. I can only image an amazing FPS game like Arma3 on Unreal4 that is visually perfect in all aspects, a lifelong Project that could play and enjoy, make Mods, etc. Even your children could inherit/play. Sharing of profits and contribution should come at the end of the Project rather than peace meal market sharing of selected assets. Food for thought? Anyone interested in such a Large Community Project just let me know.

Cheers Dex

It’s “skydome”… I’ve done everything you’ve said but with no success. However I was able to use your project as a base for my own. That worked out nicely untily yesterday, when the same appeared out of nowhere.

See that the left side reflectsa really bright part of the sky that simply isn’t there… I’ll try to dig a little deeper after the winery challenge deadline. Back to Epic’s lame water for … :frowning:
I’ll stick to the skydome! :slight_smile:

I looked around a bit, but couldn’t see how to enable the infinite , anyone know?