Community Marketplace Featured Ideas

Personal favourites, personal favourites list and subscription for updates favourited products in Marketplace.

Marketplace already big. Some assets I want to buy in the future but i cant remember all products. Browser favourites save me, but this is uncomfortably.

I see two goals of the featured section:

• Help developers get exposure for their (underrated) product
  • Help customers find useful products

Second goal has two scenarios:

• Existing customers are probably already aware of previously featured and famous packs. They need to be exposed to the underrated products
  • New customers should be exposed to useful (and maybe famous) packs

We can’t have both with a static list. Maybe we also need a recommendation engine (“Suggested for you”)?

My ideal featured section would feature things based off of this criteria:

Recently updated, excluding updates that are only engine compatibility. This encourages further development of content.
Unrated, to encourage rating.
High rating, but low sales. This would get more attention to good but niche content that may be hard to find.

Should NOT feature:
Content that already has high sales.
Content that has not been updated in functionality for some time.
Content rated bellow 4 stars.

Hi everyone,

The conversation so far has been fantastic! I want to provide a friendly reminder that this is for a single feature slot, not the featured page. I have changed the wording of the OP to clarify this and apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Is the community pick only for new assets? Given the changes for the prestige marketplace badge requirements that just reduced the chances of getting one significantly for many. If you’re into that sort of thing. =P

I disagree with some of the ideas here.

• Recently updated sounds like it could be a nice idea. But this would favor some asset types more than others. For Code Plugins or Blueprints a pack being frequently updated means sometimes the pack wasn’t finished when it was released. Creators of those assets might be forced to release something half-baked to increase the chance of being featured.
  • Bad selling assets with high ratings is a good idea but not with the current rating system. Most assets only have up to 3 ratings and a single rating from a person who misunderstood the description would kick such assets out of the chance of being featured for no reason.

Not topic of this thread but I’d like to mention that I think a featuring for a whole month is pointless. Especially when that pack was already featured last month. I know it exists. This slot is wasted for me as a customer. For me a whole week isn’t even necessary. I would prefer to see more featured packs during a week.

I would say that “Randomly/rolling the dice” is the best idea. And if possible, have a carusel with 5 at a time, until the next page refresh.

Because the markeplace is starting to be a big place, this would serve as a mechanism to uncover some packages that haven’t got traction at their launch.
I don’t want to descurage other ideas but I don’t see the point of making something that is already successful, more successful.

If more developers are to be encouraged to contribute, we should try to homogenize their products’ exposure.

We are closing this thread. Thank you for your participation in this discussion, once we’ve compiled what suggestions you have provided, we’ll post a new thread with additional information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this, please feel free to reach out to me.