CloudKit for iOS and tvOS implementation for Blueprint Only Projects

The cloudkit ha some limitation for using, like database, request / sec…
This limits / container ?

Im not sure if I fully understood your question
Do you want to know if there are some limitations, regarding the amount of requests you can make to the cloudkit database?

I didn’t find any limitations so far. I think as long as you just fetch the Ue4 file which has not a big file size you can do that as many times you want.
But let me know if you find more Information about Cloudkit limitations.

Scroll down.

Do you run into that error, the app stuck at loading screen, and need to close, restart 3-4 time to run normally?
I got this error since added cloud save.

No I don’t get that error.
I tested it on 4 different iOS devices and all work fine.
Are you using 4.24 as well?

Yes, 4.24.3
How much time you try to load game from icloud? I try two time with 0,2 sec delay, maybe thats not enough, as i see the loading is the problem.

I try it 5 times also with 0,2 delay. I know this isn’t a nice setup but it works very well. Do you have your “cast failed” output pin of the “Cast to Save Game” Node also connected to repeat loading? Because it happens sometimes.

Thanks, then i will try it with 5-6 time too. Not problem if not nice setup, if works.
I copyed the full loading nodes from “load game” -> “cast to” etc after the cast failed of the first failed cast. looks ugly. And im load the UI only if cast success.
This is why i got only blank screen sometime.

And as i see, sometime not works the saving 100%, need to save 3 value, but sometime save only 2.

I never experienced this issue so far. Very strange.

But it finally works on tvOS!! :slight_smile:
I just exported it again and now it syncs cross platform which is awesome!
Again, I have no Idea what I did different this time.
Although there is a severe bug, where it doesn’t sync the first time I open the App. Then it overwrites the cloudfile with zero progress on the next save. So I can’t differ wether there is no cloudsave so far or it just can’t read it. A Blueprint callback Node that would let you know wether it was able to read the cloudfile or not would be helpful!

But Epic will improve it at least for tvOS in the next Update:

So there is hope :slight_smile:

There is a cloud save addon in the marketplace. Do you tried it?

Well I bought it but I didn’t see that there is no Mac support currently. The developer told me he will eventually add Mac support in the future. So I can’t say if it works or not.

I run into a problem. If no internet connection, the game save to local, and when turn back net, its loading back the icloud save, and lost all offline progress.

Do you have any idea to fix this? Maybe should to check net connection every save? If yes, how?

Yes I have the same problem…
And I don’t have any solution for it.
Maybe there is a workaround but we really need some BP nodes that handle Cloud save separately from local save.

There is a free TCP socket plugin in the store for UE4. I ping the google ip. If connected, start the game, if not connected, show error message. No other idea yet.

Hey, could you provide some Screenshots of how you got it to work?

I’m currently at the last step of an applications development and this is my last struggle!
Cheers,
ErikH

This page is the best resource I could find on how to use CloudKit with UE4 and I still am very lost. Can someone tell me how to get to the correct Schema setup so I can make the changes to my database? It seems to me that Apple has changed things so they are now look quite different from the screen shots above.

Hey, just wondering what you use for online multiplayer support if this does not support that. I wanna start setting this up but I’m unable to find a straightforward answer as to how making a multiplayer game would work using any type of subsystem and don’t want to spend time doing something that’ll just screw me out of hours of my life.

Having gamecenter work for achievements yada yada would be fine down the line, but I just want to be able to play my game with a friend over multiplayer on our phones in testflight. Any clues?