Client replication vehicle movement lag

You did not notice lags because you did not switch on option:
in Sedan blueprint SpringArm set EnableCameraLag = true. Please switch on EnableCameraLag = true and test again.

Yes, I did. I already set Enabled Camera Lag to true when I tested this. Are you saying you’re still seeing this in master branch? Did you use Master or Promoted branch? What date?

Did you ever resolve this? Seeing exact same thing as your video in our project. Thanks!

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for your feedback. I have been able to reproduce this issue and have logged it. You can follow it as it moves through development staff here: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-34580

2 Likes

FWIW, it seems to me that vehicle is jittering, not camera (i.e. stuff in immediate background seems to move smoothly).

I’m logging out and I’m seeing a lot of corrections in UPrimitiveComponent::ApplyRigidBodyState() – on order of ~2-8 units every 3-8 frames once I get up to speed. Those seem like awfully big corrections to me. Not sure if something with PhysX, vehicles, or replication of physics state changed recently, but I don’t think we saw this problem in 4.10.

Update: Dotting DeltaPos with CurrentState.LinVel shows that corrections I’m getting are both “forward” and “backward”. Definitely cause of jitter.

Thanks ,

vehicle jittering is what is reported in issue.

If you would like to add a fix yourself using source code, you can find out more on how to get it here:

[][1]

[1]:

2 Likes

This issue is still actual for UE5.1 latest version as well. Currently Epic changed bug status as ,WontFix, and intended to back for this depends on votes/importance.

9 Likes

Yep still in issue even in 5.2
thx for this thread anyway because its been weeks Ive been changing the replication parameters of every component to try to find out from where the lag comes…

After searching more and more and more on google Ive found this tutorial :