Cell shading without post processing or forward rendering

Bumping, I am also having this issue when recreating the material. I’ve attached a screenshot below, I get this same effect with berna’s setup and both of brisck1’s setup. Any tips would be super appreciated :smiley:

(there is just one light source in the screengrab below)

1 Like

I’m going to bump this as well, this is a look that I have been wanting to achieve within the UE4 without sacrificing the ability to update the engine. Is there any way that you could explain what the math going on behind the scenes is? So we can apply this line of thinking to future versions of the engine (seeing as how these techniques are currently broken in the recent versions)? Great work Brisck and Berna!

Bump. Exactly this.

It seems like a lot of the images here are now broken. Any chance we can reupload them? I’d love to see how this material is made :slight_smile:

Hello!

I’ve also noticed that a lot of the images above are broken. As someone who’s trying to make a cel-shader that reacts to multiple lights in a scene whiteout post-processing, I’d love to see how this was done and if there are any new developments! :smile: