Can't Save Blueprint (Referenced in /Engine/transient)

Searching my UnrealProjects folder for word transient, I found 2 lines in code that have it that i marked with @@@@@@@@@@, in my editorUserSettings.ini

any progress on this bug/thing goin on?

Hey all,

Nothing in screenshots provided is jumping out at us. If you wouldn’t mind, please and attach your project for us to take a look at closer. Thanks!

helped me and fixed this bug while I was in kitchen , because he knows how to possess computers now… !!! Thanks !!

Thanks again , you rock , like my little ponies rock

#Solution!

Dear Community,

I was using remote access on Maelgrim’s computer while he was in kitchen, and I fixed it!

Solution

Step 1 = open BP that wont save

Step 2 = do a search for word “transient”

Step 3 = click thru all found references, and delete those nodes (make a backup before doing this)

Step 4 = do this you can save!

Step 5 = recreate nodes you deleted

Done!

That’s process I did while maelgrim was in kitchen!

And it worked!

Really glad this worked, thanks !

Please let us know if this happens again after using 's suggested fix, as we’re still not sure why this occurs and we would like to be able to narrow cause down. Thanks!

This thing just happend to me in material editor. I fixed it like this:

1. Select all Nodes (Ctrl+A)

2. Cut all Nodes (Ctrl+X)

3. Paste (Ctrl+V) everything in a decent Text Editor (like Notepad++)
    (Good thing here copy+paste stuff from editor is all plain text)

4. Now open replace tool and replace following, it may vary for you so just match pattern
    /Engine/Transient.PreviewMaterial_3
    /Engine/Transient.MaterialFunction_2
    replace with nothing just leave replace with field empty

5. Now simply select all text and paste that into unreal editor again.

6. voila you can save stuff

Hey Domrpg,

Is this same issue you posted about here?

, just wanted to add that this issue happens for me daily in a blueprint node that simply calls an interface.

's workaround fixes issue, but let me know if there’s any specific information I can provide you to help debug this as I suspect many people are seeing this.

Which version of engine are you using? You mention it happens daily… after using 's solution, does same error occur later with same BP?

Finally figured out root cause! I was calling an interface function without using the ‘interface message’ paradigm and instead used what seemed like a direct call. This happened because I dragged a wire off from my target and picked first selection that matched my interface function. However that created a ‘normal’ function call as opposed to node with envelope/message icon. Once I deleted this node and used proper interface message call from context menu I’m no longer seeing this problem.

To answer your other questions -

1. I’m using 4.4.3
  2. error occurred in same BP, at node where I made interface call.

I guess it would be useful to prevent creation of such a faulty node in first place. Given issue is transient people may end up missing bad interface invocation.only for issue to crop up later.

I stuck with this problem too.
I don’t have anythink with “transient” in BP.
Trying to delete anythink from this widget. And it take me nothink. Now i just copy all content into new UMG widget.

Wish this would work for me …

Wow - this error really sucks. All of my backups - going back to at least 2 weeks of work are suffering from this. How come mine won’t magically fix itself?

Frickin JOY! I found it. It was a widget that looked like it got stuck in widget as a reinst. When I clicked on it in event graph, I saw word REINST in var name. When I clicked on it in Designer, it crashed editor. I deleted object and recreated it and for now it seems to be working…

I have same problem in UMG widget!