Can't package game: "...has an inappropriate outermost"

Fixed it for me too, thanks!

I had a similar issue where a BP was trying to access a C++ function in a BlueprintFunctionLibrary. I tried these solutions and they didn’t work. But what did for me was to rename the C++ function I was trying to access, then clean in Visual Studio and recompile in editor. The function I was accessing was misspelled anyway so its better off with the new name.

Fixing up the redirectors of the whole project correted my issue.

Hah… this is really a “production-ready” product. Had the same issue… then I just moved something in the blueprint and hit saved and it packaged (btw I didn’t see any visible error in blueprint because the Play worked). Now that I have a package I have no input… although alt+f4 works lol… Would be nice if at least one straightforward use case was without problems

not fixed and above solutions does not work. project gone broken untill i remove function lib entirely and recreate it. no sure it it will help anyway.

You (and the following comments) probably saved my job!
This stupid bug almost made me missing an important deadline…

Fascinating issue - this resolved it for me as well. I thought the compile button would handle this kind of refresh, but perhaps it’s not completely reliable yet. At least it’s an easy workaround!

1 Like

This worked! Thank you

This worked perfectly for me. Pretty peculiar that this was an issue. Thank you so much for your solution!

1 Like