Can't deploy to Android

How exactly are you setting up your package? Are you using File > Package Project > Android ETC1 or are you packaging a different way, such as through the Project Launcher?

Thanks!

No, I just push the Launch button & the error emerges after a short while.

Try running editor as …

How do you even do that? The only two ways I know of how to run the editor is through either the Launcher or Visual Studio & yes, I run them both in admin mode every time I want to use them.

Found it: C:\Epic\4.14\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe. Ran it in admin mode - still nothing.

Try running the command with your project file, or it will re-start another editor which might not have admin attributes, something like: "C:/Program Files/Epic Games/4.13/Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor.exe" "D:\Unreal\MyProject.uproject" … ps: start a cmd terminal with admin mode first.

ran this from admin cmd:

cd C:\Epic\4.14\Engine\Binaries\Win64\
UE4Editor.exe C:\Projects\Blank\Blank.uproject

I’m getting the same error still.

Hi ,

Hope you have had a great new year…

I have another suggestion. I am suspecting that maybe its your android phone thats causing the issue.

Have you tried changing your android phone and see if you are able to push your app into the phone ? Have you built other android apps and deployed into your current phone before ? Also, ensure that your android phone’s developer settings is turned on and that your android phone’s API level matches your projects build settings.

Also, under your project folder, there must be a folder named Android. Can you upload that? You can find this under your Intermediate folder structure. Here is a pic on the folder structure:

Thanks

Have you double checked to make sure that there is enough space on your phone, and that you’ve trusted that phone to your computer that you’re launching the project to?

Have you double checked that all Android binaries are installed on your engine? If not, please click on the yellow and black down button beside “launch” from the Epic Games Launcher and then select ‘Options’.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Android SDK yet?

I have 30Gb left on my Android. It should be enough, shouldn’t it? I can reboot Android from the UE4’s device manager, so I trust there are no trust issues between the editor suite & the device. Everything is installed in the Launcher options. I did try reinstalling the Android SDK.

I get this warning when I connect the device:

LogStats:Warning: MetaData mismatch. Did you assign a stat to two groups? New //STATGROUP_Threads//FTcpMessageTransportConnection///Thread_84c_0///####STATCAT_Advanced#### old //STATGROUP_Threads//FTcpMessageTransportConnection///Thread_3cf8_0///####STATCAT_Advanced####
  • Could you please try to package your project and verify that you’re able to package?
  • Once you’ve packaged, could you please verify that you’ve been able to launch the packaged project onto your device?
  • After doing that, please try to launch the project onto your device again (as long as it was successful).

Please try different USB ports. Sometimes if you have too many Android devices hooked up to your computer, it can cause a problem when launching on.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

Hey ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you!