Cannot package a plugin in 4.15(Mac)

Sure, here you go, let me know if you need more info.

138270-screen+shot+2017-05-17+at+1.58.06+pm.png

Hey . You’re assuming the file is downloaded, but I think it’s more likely that the verification process executes a script that builds the automation tool (it’s a C# program so can be built in no time, and the launcher engine does ship with the C# source). In which case, it would be as @ suggested, that the issue is that for some reason the C# build is failing for us.

I’m not in a position to test I’m afraid, but maybe someone else could try running the launcher Verify, and confirming that they still are missing the exe.

Okay I’ve found a workaround for this issue.

If you install/verify from the launcher, you do get the automation tool executable, however this will get deleted and recompiled when you run the shell script, and the recompile is failing.

I noticed on an earlier version I had installed, the script was saying there was no project, so it was using the precompiled version. Turns out that was because engine source had not been installed on that version. So, if you run verify, then remove or rename AutomationTool.csproj in Engine/Source/Programs/AutomationTool, you should then be able to successfully package plugins.

It works perfectly :slight_smile: Congrats to having spot the problem!

I successfully tested this workaround on both 4.15.3 and 4.16.0.

I confirm the problem is still present in UE 4.17.0. The workaround proposed by @ still works.

Same problem in 4.16. Happy to report that @'s workaround helps solve the issue! Thanks @.

I can confirm the issue still happens is 4.18 on a brand new MacBook with a brand new OS installation and a brand new XCode and UE4.18 installation.

Hello.

I just wanted to add that I’m having the exact same issue with 4.18.2 under OSX. I’ve tried to compile a plugin with:

./RunUAT.sh BuildPlugin -Plugin="/Users/qcmini/Documents/GitHub/ARDemo/ARDemo/Plugins/QuantumCapture/QuantumCapture.uplugin" -Package="/Users/qcmini/Dave/PluginPackageTest" -Rocket

and ended up with the same failed response.

Now that I’ve reported my issue in the comments above, I wanted to state that this work around solved the issue for me in 4.18.2 on OSX. :slight_smile:

It would be really nice if this were fixed in 4.19 so I don’t have to remember to make this engine change again.

I confirm that the issue is still present in UE 4.19.0 and that the workaround by @ still works.

@- any upstream patch for this issue?

As usual… this issue is still present in UE4.22 and - thankfully - the workaround is still working.

This issue is more than 2 years old now, anyone @staff ?