Can I publish my game made with UE4 as open source game?

Technically 25. Definitions just tell what the license means by specific terms, they can still make additional rules.

I did check when the EULA was changed for that example distribution and found it was changed for 4.7, after that it had that “Distribution and sublicensing of Examples” section. Definition of Content Examples being part of “Examples” and “UE-Only” rule existed before that change already. I have a feeling that they just forgot to change the definition when they updated the EULA.

While UE-Only rule doesn’t directly forbid you from sharing the Content Examples, it still limits the UE-Only content to only be used with Unreal Engine. This conflicts already with the part “Distribution and sublicensing of Examples” as you really can’t sublicense Content Examples as it would allow you to bypass the UE-Only rule. How I’d interpret this is that it’s not Epics will to distribute UE-Only assets openly, even the license isn’t perfectly clear if you could do it. There are other aspects of this too but it doesn’t change the fact that it would still remain in the licenses gray area.

Hi there,
I read trough some forums and this topic here multiple times and still confused about my personal questions:

If I create a new Unreal Engine Editor Project using the “Blank Blueprint template without any starter content” I am free to share the whole project directory and the build using the MIT license.
But everyone who is editing the project directory content without the Unreal Engine Editor is free to use the MIT license for sharing and distributing this content without use of the UE4 EULA - so also could possibly use GPL.
Finally the project is not underlying the UE4 EULA just the MIT license. So building the Project without use of UE4 I am not related to the EULA further and am free do do what I want.

But building the game using the UE4 I am automatically make use of UE4 EULA and am not free to share the build using any EULA-incompatible license. Same if I make use of any Editor examples.
This is true?

If I create a new UE 4 Project using the “Basic C++ template without any starter content” I am free to share the whole project directory using the MIT license but because there are “basic game framework code classes” I am not free to share it without the EULA!
This is true?

EULA 1e says;
“e. Distribution and sublicensing of Examples - You may Distribute or sublicense Examples (including as modified by you under the License) in Source Code or object code format to any third party. However, the rights in this Section 1(e) do not expand or modify your limited Distribution and sublicensing rights for Engine Code and Content (including as modified by you under the License) that are not Examples.”

Where do I know from what parts of the Project folder are parts of the engine code or any other related engine content?

If there can not be any engine code & content in the Project folder and I did not put sth. myself in there, also I used the Blank Blueprint template so I am not related anyway to UE4 EULA anymore if not running trough Unreal Editor?
Or am I related to UE4 EULA even if I use its blank templates without using UE4 Editor?

P.S. Is a “blank template” similar to “example” mentioned in EULA 1e or not?