Can build on 4.11 but not (for Android)

tried that.Thanks for the suggestion, but still getting the pop-up window saying its not configured for Android. will try re-installing android sdk again

You do not have to purchase additional software to build on Android…Are you using Visual Studio 2015 Community?

Yes, using community.

Updated to latest version of unreal. installed Tegra manually. Uninstalled and re-installed codeworks. Build still fails.

Please post a screen shot of the error message you’re getting and/or the Contents of the Output Log cut n pasted into a text document.

here’s the log[][1]

96582-log.txt (6.27 KB)

In the latest log, the error is: “No modules found to build.” Try adding an empty C++ Class to your project and package for Android. This typically resolves this error. -if it does not, post a new log. Thanks.

well, it’s no longer a blueprint-only project, which isn’t what I wanted but because I’m using a plug-in I had to do anyway. It at least tried this time, but it still failed.
[][1]

96585-log.txt (356 KB)

from what I can read, its trying to find a debug file [My Project Name]-debug.apk even if it’s set to shipping. I never had one in 4.11

What plug-in are you using?

the Universal Ads from GameDNA, but I have a plain project that also isn’t compiling

Please locate and send this log referenced in your package log:

UnrealBuildTool-2016.06
.29-14.19.13.txt

Also, please send the packaging log from the plain project for comparison.

Finally, check out the answer to these posts and make sure “Location of ANT” is set correctly:

[ERROR: Unable to find ant.bat !!!][1]

[ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "C:/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant.bat][2]

ERROR: Unable to find ant.bat! - Mobile - Epic Developer Community Forums
[2]: Program.Main: ERROR: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "C:/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant.bat" debug - Debugging, Optimization, & Profiling - Epic Developer Community Forums

[][1]

here’s the log

97871-unrealbuildtool+log.txt (87.5 KB)

[][1]
Here’s the log.

Tried it on the latest version, still fails.

Those links aren’t relevant to my case. The first, he was setting his path wrong. I’m setting it correctly. Same way I am setting it in 4.11. The second talks about changing the environmental variables. Since I’m setting them in the project settings, doesn’t that override what’s in the environmental variables?

97871-unrealbuildtool+log.txt (87.5 KB)

Putting your custom project aside for the moment to address the initial question of whether you can build for Android both in UE4.11 and UE4.12, please follow these steps:

1. Open a new Third Person Blueprint project in UE4.11.2: Mobile/Tablet, Maximum Quality, No Starter Content
  2. Under Project Settings: Android: APK Packaging: Make sure it is configured for Android
  3. Under Project Settings: Android: Play Services: Make sure it is configured for Android
  4. With Android device plugged in, Launch on Android Device
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 in a blank Third Person Blueprint

Are you currently able to build in both UE4.11 and UE4.12?

Which I have tried over and over, on different machines, on different versions of windows, all with no effect.

And again, I’ve built in 4.10 and 4.11, cannot build to in Android. Can build to ios when on a mac, but not to android.

Okay, I didn’t know if we had tried with a blank Third Person project; Are your previously posted logs from a Blank Third Person project? If not, please post a copy of those output logs to eliminate all extraneous information. Thanks.

was able to get my test one compiling for development without errors. Cannot get my real project to compile in either distribution or dev.

Might be related to the plug-in, since I can now get a blank project compiling, now that we’re ruled out the other issues.

Since this is getting very long and we have established that you are able to package to the Android in UE4.12.5 (The initially reported problem) I am closing this thread.

Please start a new thread for your specific issue packaging for your custom project. -Thanks.