Cable Actor invisble when switching levels

I am zipping it right now to one file, looks like its gonna be like less than half the size. Hope that will fit for you.

Hi spaceharry,

I can see what you are talking about, however I have not been able to reproduce this in any other instance. Have you made sure that you are using the same game mode, player controller, player pawn, etc. in every level in both the project settings and the world settings?

Yes. I checked all of it. Mostly the cable appears in the level called “mainmenu” and in the others for example level 2 or 3 it doesnt appear. Maybe you can try this again.

I would not understand why this error shows up on my system and not on yours

Just to be clear that I am not joking with a fake bug or something: Here is the problem well documented in the video:

Cable Problem

The video is still converting atm.

I apologize for the miscommunication. What I was saying was that I do see this occurring on my pc. Unfortunately, it seems limited to your individual project. I will keep digging to see if I find what the cause of this is. I requested the gamemode information to remove the “easy” fix options early so I can focus on what else could be occurring.

Ah ok np, I missunderstood. My blind guess is, that it has something to do together with landscapes resolutions and a special size of lightmass importance volumes. But basically I built all the levels in the same way, so I cant think of something else atm.

Hi spaceharry,

In your event begin play for your character bp, set the cable length to 1 and see if that fixes the error. It did on my end

Wow, seems to fixed here too with that. Thanks so much for looking into that!

Not sure why it worked in some levels with 0 and in some not tough. And there is now a gap of 1 from the end grappling position, but I guess I will find a work around for this.

But the tako is happy :)))

You may be able to set the float value to a really small number like .01 to reduce the possibility of it being noticed at all. I’m happy to hear this is working now. I will mark this thread as answered for tracking purposes.