Buy a mac to compil

The answer for virtual machine is “NO”. It is not allowed as per Apple Agreement or you must host it on “Apple” servers…
The technical answer is YES, it works.

The issue lies in the situation where if your production application breaks a virtual machine might not be adequate to debug and fix the issue. At some point it’s a good idea to have real Mac hardware handy, in which case you might as well get an iMac right from the start. In particular there are a lot of Mac-specific shader issues that you’ll need to be able to see for yourself. A VM won’t let you see that.

Virtual machines are definitely faster if you have a fast PC though, so for actual development I’m thinking of switching to that. But for builds that I’m going to deploy I’d still go back to the Mac to build, sign and upload them.

Why don’t you test it in the Iphone itself instead of purchasing a Mac?

Because you can’t play Mac games on an iPhone. I was giving an example of why you might want to buy a real Mac. And IMO if you’re releasing on iPhone you might as well release on Mac as well.

Hi All
Thanks for all answers.
I just see that now :slight_smile:

Sorry to my English

So I am still a little confused. I am looking at getting a mac to export for mac like many of you but I don’t know what specs I need. The game we are making is finished on windows but I need to start testing on macs. I went to a mac store nearby and they have some used imacs https://www.expercom.com/browse_by_category.html?CATEGORY_ID=358. I

I saw the minimum recommendations of 8gb ram and the quad core but many of the imacs show nvidia but when I was at the store it was actually some iris graphics. Not sure what that is. How much video memory do you need?

Hi Airwaves

I am not the answers, but there is an another post, who is great to buy a mac too with specs :
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/ios-development/1628982-all-apple-mac-users-fans-get-in-this-thread-we-share-information-about-running-ue4-on-a-mac-macos

Thanks

Thanks. That is what I am looking for. My developer was showing me a statistic on steam that only 3% of users have macs and it is going down so we may not make it for mac after all but good to know.