Bugs: Back Logged vs Fixing

So you’re saying the company and the board altogether might have less money than what Tim spends on land as if he’s buying an ice cream so they might not be able to afford fixing a few engine bugs or adding requested tools and things like that. Okay…

I think there’s a difference between developers bringing in revenue into Epic Games and a forest. Last time I checked that forest didn’t bring in revenue for Epic games or need bugfixes. But the developers bringing in revenue for Epic games do need bugfixes and as such the argument becomes if Epic used that revenue as a matter of priortizing bugfixes, they would kill two birds with one stone.

Please stop making personal attacks.

You misunderstand me. I am arguing what Tim Sweeney purchases with his personal money has nothing to do with prioritizing bugfixes. I disagreed with Maximum-Dev. I apologize if there was a personal attack in there but I don’t see it.

His point is not necessarily an attack. Considering a few games have been released and have generated very large profits for Epic and aren’t receiving much attention it’s a bit concerning as our projects too, will come out and generate some profits for Epic and we’ll need better support from them otherwise our communities blame us and we’d have a lot to lose, not Epic. :slight_smile:
If Epic doesn’t want to invest anything back into helping us that’s fine, I can live with that. But that’s not “We succeed if you succeed”.

-Sorry for voicing my concerns.

Ah sorry about that, should have been @ Maximum-Dev.

It’s all good, bro.

Is this in reference to UE-11871? That should be resolved in 4.16, just wanted to check there wasn’t another issue we were unaware of.

I had no idea that was a bug! On Issues that’s marked as Unable to Reproduce - but I do actually have a reliable Repro for that in my game if that’s useful now (I’ll check 4.16 first)

Note that ‘Unable to Reproduce’ in this case may just mean it was fixed by some other change, and so was not able to be repro’d in the version where it was tested. Would be interested to know if your case is fixed in 4.16 though!

I can say that this still happens in 4.15.1 but due to upcoming milestones at work I doubt we will switch to 4.16 immediately when its released.
However I can download preview2 at home and try to reproduce it.

In case @TheJamsh confirms this as fixed, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I’ll be switching to a 4.16 release branch as soon as 4.16 is officially out, so as soon as my project compiles again I’ll let y’all know :slight_smile: