[Bug w/ProjectFiles] Default Value of blueprint reset to parent's default

I noticed that the bug only happens on large projects with a large inheritance hierarchy and often after crash

I have exact same issue, and i think its random too. there is no specific reason for it. Sometimes it’s not happening for days but sometimes child keep reseting every hour.

And at my project there are more then 200 child actor. So this bug makes my project impossible to complete.

Is this bug gonna fix soon ?

Yes, but my project didnt crash for a long time, and ı just create a new parent class ( 2 days ago) and there are only 6 childs of it but they just reset about 1 hour ago. It doesnt have large inheritance hierarchy.

Hello Qukla,

I have been unable to reproduce this issue based on the suggestions and information provided. If you have any additional information on how we could reproduce this issue on our end I would be happy to investigate further with that information in mind. However, without a precise set of reproduction steps I cannot write up a report for this issue.

Where do I send a zipped project for somebody to look at? And what do you suggest we do for issues where there isn’t a precise set of repro steps because there’s some random element?

Well, as i said its random, I really want to give additional information but at this point i have no idea how you could reproduce this issue: (

But i tried those to trigger it ;

• Changing variables at parent class ( add/renove varibales, change default values )
  • Changing Struct And Enum Variables which in use at parent class ( add/renove new varibales to struct, or change default values )
  • Reference parent class from another actor.
  • Remove empty Components from actor. Or add new Components
  • “Force to delete” referenced actors in parent actor.
  • Even shut down computer when project running.

But nothing happened, childs didnt reset to parent default values. ( at least for 1-2 hours)

And i also tried those to fix it ;

• Clean all unused variables at actor.
  • Clean all warnings from cook.
  • Migrate project to clean one.

And non of them works either.

But i notice something;
All those parent classes have something common, which is all of them using at " spawn actor from class" node from somewhere ( in level BP or in Character BP … )

I am not sure if its relative but this is the only thing i can figure so far.

Edit : And i think its only happining if childs are " data only bluepirnt"

This is reproducible if you add a NEW variable to your parent. It seems to wipe out settings in the child. : (

Can you provide more details on how you’ve set up your BPs and what version of the editor you’re using? If you can’t reproduce it outside of a project you can share publicly we can set up a confidential method of upload.

Issue still exists in 4.15, and is as frustrating as ever. I just lost 4 hours tracking down a reset enum. Has any progress been made on this, Rudy? Dan? Perhaps you could post a link to an issue tracker with this specific issue? Please don’t ask for a repro steps or a project (look at all the other comments).

Hello Jeffym85,

There is not an issue to be tracked as we have not been able to reproduce this issue on our end. Without a reproducible test case we do not have a way to track down/resolve/verify the issue you are experiencing. I have provided a link below to a thread that is being used to condense the multiple threads on this issue down to a single thread. Please feel free to provide more information on how to reproduce this issue on the thread provided (all of the steps/projects on this page have been tested multiple times without resulting in the error mentioned).

Link: Child blueprint reset to Parent defaults - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums