When I switching to EventGraph in Blueprint Editor, I can sudden drag “EventGraph” tab and UE 4.12 will crash. This is bad.
Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this on my end thus far.
- Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
- What steps can I take to reproduce this on my end?
- Can you post your crash logs (\Unreal Projects\PROJECTNAME\saved\logs) and crash callstack here so I can take a look?
- What OS are you currently using?
- Does this only occur with a specific blueprint/type of blueprint or is it any blueprint?
My PC is pretty old ( Windows 10 Pro, Core i3, 8gb RAM, Mobility Radeon HD5650 ). Just was able to reproduce same bug in New Project with Third Person template. This time this bug appears not so fast, and I was started to think that it is because of my code… But it did appears again. Maybe it happens when something is overloaded, maybe CPU. And actually this time, after minute, UE editor unfreezes.
Also I found that each time I make function in blueprint as const, and it not really can be const - Editor crashes. In previous 4.11 it wont crashed in such situation and just was marking nodes, that does change some values, as errors.
Actually it freezes on dragging any tab, like opened Blueprint or any tab in this blueprint.
The error you are experiencing is likely caused by your GPU, it is below our recommended specs:
Can you open your task manager and see if there is a spike in performance when performing the drag action?
Ok. Thanks for info!