Branch not working properly

The blueprints at least…
So the CharCroll is the main asset.
ASD is useless.
Placing is the one I move on the video, and placed is the object that is placed where the placing asset is.
I used new interface to communicate between placing and CharCroll

Its the box folder and it has no key

That could work but I’m not sure of your entire set up so it’s possible that it won’t help. Is there a reason this logic can’t be inside of the cube’s blueprint? It should work in that scenario since the cube seems to already be receiving input.

Otherwise, you can set up an event dispatcher to do this for you.

If you get a reference to the CharCRoll instance in the world from inside of the Cube’s blueprint, you could create and bind an EventDispatcher to a new custom event that executes that branch inside of CharCRoll and then call that EventDispatcher inside of the Cube’s blueprint whenever you hit the Left Mouse Button.

You can find more about Event Dispatchers here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Blueprints/UserGuide/EventDispatcher/index.html

I tried using the material display name instead of the bool, still not working.

After looking at your blueprints, is CharCRoll necessary? You could set up something like this instead, inside of the PlacingTST blueprint.

It doesnt read my input for some reason

The character controller is kind of custom, it could be that…

I’ll try tomorrow with a new project, thanks a lot for your help!

Solved!! Done it again with get overlapping components!

I’m glad to hear you fixed the issue. Let us know if you run into any further issues.

OMG thanks to you I finally know how to make a variable work :slight_smile:
Thank you